+ Reply to Thread

Question Need Two Numbers on Sprint 6700

Is it possible to have two seperate phone numbers pointed to the same Sprint phone? I have one number now with one area code and need a second number with a different area code for work. My new employer wants me to have a dedicated number for the new area code but I don't want to part with the old number. I have been provided with a Verizon phone and number but it makes much more sense to run everything from the 6700 and not duplicate everything. Please tell me this is possible and how to go about doing it. If not, has anyone found a way to do something like this but in a different manner? Thanks.

I don't believe this is possible, but as a workaround I would think you could have your new number automatically forward all calls to your 6700...? This should effectively do the same thing.

yup, that's what I use to do. No problems whatsoever.

Only problem with forwarding from a cell phone is that there is usually a forwarding charge of so much per minute -- I'm trying to make this as easy as possible and not incur additional charges.

Could I BE any more converged tonydiv's Avatar
    Forwarding is .10 a minute with Sprint. I've tried talking to just about everysingle person at customer care about getting a package that includes unlimited call forwarding, no deal. There is apparently no way to get around the ten cent per minute charge. I can understand it if I was forwarding to a land line, but it's just going to another Sprint line. Even tried to find a loophole in the free pcs to pcs plan. Nothing.

If anyone finds a way around this, let me know.

Well, one round about way of possibly doing it would be to get a landline phone number in the new area code that your boss wants you to have. Then get the Sprint to Home unlimited calls option for $5 bucks. This allows your Sprint cell phone to make and receive calls from a 10-digit landline for only $5. Then for probably only $5 more a month you can have that landline forward all incoming calls to your cell phone and you essentially have what you need.
    The only thing missing is outgoing calls with that area code.

I don't use Skype "in" but you might give that a try... I know Skype works pretty well with the 6700 even over the EV-DO network. I don't think it is very expensive to get a Skype phone number.