+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do I clear the phone (account infromation) everything?

I'm thinking of giving my phone to a friend, and I want to erase all of my information out of the phone. How do I do that? I'm sure there are special ## commands etc.

you can do a hard reset. Your friend will have to program the phone though. Nothing too difficult.
    ...WarDoggz...

Don't Bother Me .... I'm Makin Music ...

how do you do a hard reset on the vx6700? can't you just click the 'clear storage' icon in the programs folder?

Even if you hard reset it the phone number and information will still be on the phone. If you want to completely reset it you need to go to ##786# and click reset.

cac9478 is absolutely correct. a hard reset will clear everything except your phone account information. the ##786# ie ##RTN# reset will clear EVERYTHING.

-jeff
    AT&T Tilt aka HTC Kaiser aka TyTn II
    PPC 6700 is now my TV remote control and favorite paperweight lol

how do I erase all information..

How do i reset my phone so its factor, basic nothing on it.. no contacts etc..

Thanks
    Shawn

Could I BE any more converged tonydiv's Avatar
    Hard Reset

What needs to be done in order to sell your PPC 6700?

I need to sell my PPC 6700 and just wanted to find out what I need to do. I've seen people selling these on eBay with the description saying ESN clear. Do I have to contact Sprint and tell them to clear the ESN?

The PPC 6700 is not my current phone I'm using through Sprint, but I did originally purchase the phone through Sprint.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

There are ways to get them unlocked..
    Are you still in a contract? If not, I've always sold my old units online and found someone who wants to use the same provider, so it's not much of an issue.
    GO OILERS GO!!!!!!

As long as the phone is not on an active account and not reported stollen it will have a clear ESN.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyx
    There are ways to get them unlocked..
    Are you still in a contract? If not, I've always sold my old units online and found someone who wants to use the same provider, so it's not much of an issue.
    No, that is completely wrong. Sprint, nor Verizon will not activate any phone on their system that is not on their database. So if it doesn't say Sprint, Sprint won't activate it. And if it doesn't say Verizon, same thing.

Basically, a clean ESN means that the phone has not been deemed lost, stolen, or fraud. It means Sprint will activate it on any account. All you need to do is make sure you have another phone active on your account when you sell it, and you should be fine. The buyer will then be able to activate the phone on their account, and the deal is done.

Clear PPC-6700

I am selling my PPC-6700, so I did a hard reset to clear out evrything, but I noticed that under device information, it still has my Sprint e-mail listed as current user.

Besides the hard reset, what else should I do clear the device of all my info so it can be sold?

Thanks

What to do before selling phone??

I am either going to give this phone to my brother or sell it.
    Either way I need to clear the phone. All contacts and storage on the phone(6700). Will a hard reset do the trick? or should I take more measures?

How do I reset XV6700 To Factory Settings

I have a verizon XV6700 and need to set it back to factory settings. How do I do this?

If you mean do a "Hard Reset"....hold down the "soft buttons" first and push the "soft reset", that should do it.

All,

Installed external ROM on 6700 before I upgraded to 6800. I have sold the 6700 but Sprint can not activiate it. ## code to activate is not working. Do I need to flash back to Sprint ROM to activate?

Thanks,

Jon
    I330
    PPC 6700
    PPC 6800

Quote Originally Posted by Jon300C View Post
    All,

Installed external ROM on 6700 before I upgraded to 6800. I have sold the 6700 but Sprint can not activiate it. ## code to activate is not working. Do I need to flash back to Sprint ROM to activate?

Thanks,

Jon
    I would say "Yes"....since you have done a mod....return the phone to a Sprint Rom....get it acivated...then you can do mods again if you like.

Well... I have misplaced my original Sprint ROM Anyone have a copy of the original posted here? I did a search but could not locate. Of course doing a hard reset just resets back to external ROM.

Thanks,

Jon
    Last edited by Jon300C; 08-31-2007 at 02:01 PM.
    I330
    PPC 6700
    PPC 6800

How to Clear ALL Personal Info (before selling)

I am getting ready to sell my Verizon XV-6700.
    Before I do this, I would like to make sure that I remove ALL data/info.

How do I do this?