+ Reply to Thread

Help with SSL certificate (getting error 80072f06)

I've ordinarily been able to get work email in Pocket Outlook via Outlook Web Access. Lately, though, I've been getting the following error message when I sync (it comes up in Activesync): "You have an incorrect SSL certificant common name in the host name field." Etc, plus error code 80072f06.

I've taken this to mean I need a new SSL certificate. I've emailed my tech folks but no help so far. So I tried a few things. First, I read that if you open OWA in a browser you can export the certificate by double clicking on the lock icon in the bottom right and then going to the “Certification Path” tab. However, that tab doesn't seem to be available when I double click the lock icon (I get tabs for General, Forms, Links, Media and Security.) Maybe the interface or method has changed?

Also, I've assumed that this error message meant that I didn't have the right certificate on my phone. However, I can access OWA through the browser. (I get a message re my certificate, but it lets me bypass it.)

I can see several certificates through the settings, but don't know which was is correct. (Basically, I don't know much about these at all; I've been sing the phone for over a year and have never dealt with them before.)

Does anyone have any idea how to deal with this? It seems that exporting a certificate from OWA is my best bet, but I've not been able to do that so far. Any better explanations much appreciated!

Andrew

Never mind. It turns out the problem was I was using Firefox, which didn't give that option. Once I opened up OWA in Internet Explorer I was able to export the certificate fine. Unfortunately it didn't fix my problem, but at least I'm making progress...

Did you get it to work?

I'd be interested to find out if you got this to work. I also installed the certificates on my PDA, but that did not solve the problem. Further snooping around on the Internet reveals that this problem is affecting everyone who upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.1. I don't think there is a solution for this until Microsoft comes out with a hot fix.

Anyway, if you manage to solve it, let me know.