+ Reply to Thread

My touch screen all of a sudden not working?

I've had my phone for about 10 months. All of a sudden the touch screen is not working. Otherwise the phone is working properly. Is there some kind of lock I accidentilly put on, dusty case,???? any suggestions????

Ajay

Have you tried to reallign the screen? You can navigate to it by pressing your Windows Hard Key, scroll to settings, then over to system, then screen. This all can be done with the d pad
    Bryan

"I'm not going anywhere NEAR that sabertooth snatch of yours." - Dr. Christian Troy

I just tried to realign screen, but once again the screen was totally unresponsive.

Ajay

Could I BE any more converged tonydiv's Avatar
    Run a business card around the edges of the screen. There is probably something pressing against it. Since the screen will only respond to one touch at a time, it seems like it's unresponsive.

I have this happen all the time. A soft reset usually makes it responsive again. Annoying!

In my case, at least, it's not the foam gasket under the faceplate, since I removed mine (which reduced the number of screen alignments I have to do dramatically).

Do you have any sort of screen protection?

With my Treo 650 I tried taking the unit apart and the placing a screen protector on the full LCD to reduce dust and other items that could fall in between the cracks, but as soon as I did this the screen was unresponsive.
    Bryan

"I'm not going anywhere NEAR that sabertooth snatch of yours." - Dr. Christian Troy

My bro had the same problem with his 8125. He wasn't able to get it fixed.

The screen started working last night about 3 hours later. Very strange. The sd card became unresponsive at the time also(with the card not being recognized) and now eveything is working. As far as screen protection I just left the one that came with the phone. Not very attractive but very heavy duty. When the screen wasn't working I pulled the protection off(First time I am seeing the screen naked and I must say it looks great) but the screen still didn't work. I went to sleep pissed off thinking I would implement the lockline protection but in the morning it seemed to be working fine.

In the end I don't know what caused the problem. Dust?faulty sd card?something I accidentily pressed? And I don't know what brought it back.

Now I just need to search through the screen protection threads and figure how to back up the phone in case this happens again.

P.S. Having a 6700 with an unresponsive screen is completely useless as far as the ppc is concerned. You might as well have one of those useless motorola phones.

Ajay

One of these?:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My touch screen all of a sudden not working?-brick.jpg  
    Bryan

Ok

My phone touch screen stopped working when it was on a alarm at 4:10 in the morning i turned it off cleaned out the battery slot and it worked i dont know if this would help any1 else but it did sure help me.

My Alarm on my phone was annoying when i couldnt hit snooze i ended up sleeping for 21 minutes until now