+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    IT Goofball

Amazing...

I haven't been on here in a long time, and I'm having trouble understanding how so many people are challenged with the RDP mobile application.

Admittingly when I first tried it, I was frustrated with it, but learned to realize it's networking (home or at work) which is at fault, or user fault - duh. NOT the phone, or the RDP application. I've been using it for about 3 years, and it's far from perfect. It's low key, small, and it does work. Typically it's not the very program itself, but it's most likely how everyone has their network set up: port forwarding, the wrong IP, desktop needs to have remote enabled, etc.

Rarely it's the RDP application for the mobile device is the issue, but the other way around. I have no intention of hurting anyone's feeling, but I'm merely trying to politely remind people who are challenged with this to double check their network set up.

If you can remotely connect up to your target with a laptop, you can do it with your PPC. However, I'll give you guys a hint...double check with your firewall setting on the router, and ensure port: 3389 is open, then indicate WHICH computer at the location is set to. And ensure the computer is ready to accept remote desktop connections.

For more help, read following link:

Frequently Asked Questions About Remote Desktop

Or refer to my early post:

WM6_RDP (Mobile Remote Desktop Client)

Remember...we're in a new age of mobile technology, it ain't perfect...yet. And we're all still learning to fine tune all this, and still ahead of the iPhone iDiots. *winks*

Finster WM6 Remote Desktop screensize limits...

I have had no issues getting this to work... it works and works well... BUT it seems to be limited in screen size... for instance, I can only see about 42 of my 100 icons on the desktop. Sometimes I can wiggle around, drag things around, etc, and get the job done (with a LOT of finnaglin), but not always. I'm guessing maybe a limit of 640x480 or 800x600, but when I hit a screen size of 1024x768, it's hard to use, as parts of the screen are unreachable. When using the Finster, properties show 640x480, but when using RDP on desktop, screen size is 1024x768.

I can see the SystemTray (time etc) in lower right, but that's not really the right side of the screen... if I have windows that extend into the "unreachable area" or sit right in it, it can't be accessed.

I use VNC which has a button to show the whole screen, and it does, and then you click in the area you want to see, and it zooms to there.

I'd gladly pay for an RDP solution (many servers, firewalls, etc, don't allow VNC ports (5900...), etc.)... or don't have VNC loaded (not under my control)...

I have tried the various settings, but nothing works.

Anyone have solutions or suggestions, or fixes out there???

Thanks!
    Last edited by johnstonf; 11-30-2008 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Add clarification....

Got the same problm

Quote Originally Posted by pc001 View Post
    Never mind, it now works.
    The problem was with my router wireless configurations.
    I am running WM6.1 on a HTC diamond. Tried to run remot desktop and am unable to connect. Got the same errors as you.
    I wonder what did you find in your router that solve your problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bb-ponis View Post
    I am running WM6.1 on a HTC diamond. Tried to run remot desktop and am unable to connect. Got the same errors as you.
    I wonder what did you find in your router that solve your problem.

Thanks
    I think this will solve yr problems :

MOCHA VNC

The latest version is downloadable @ download.com.

Enjoy ....

Hello this is sandy i had Htc 3452 with wifi access
    i downloaded this version of wm6_rdm.zip and installed in my pda i have given my local ip, username, and password when tap connect

Cannot connect . Likely reasons are:
    1.The remote computer is not set up for this.
    2.Reached the maximum number of connections.
    3.A network error occurred while connecting.

first i made a connection between my pda and windows vista they were connected and pinging nicely. so try to help in this regard.

regards
    sandy.

Howdy All,
    Newbie here. What is the "best" phone that I can get for specifically using RDT? I work at a university and we use AT&T service. I know that some of this might be opinion, but, I'm sure you all would have a much better base than myself as to what to look at.
    Thank you,
    Chas

can anyone help i have a HTC tyin II running wm6.1 does anyone know whether the wm6rdp.cab will enable me to connect to my network and just being a thicky how do i install
    thanks

Hi all,

I'm new here and was really hoping I could get some help with a question. I want to get a new smart phone (maybe the iPhone) but I want to make sure that it will work with my company's remote control software : Proxy Networks. Does anyone know which phones work better with this kind of software? If anyone specifically has Proxy Pro 6, that would be fantastic. Thanks, everyone.

Hi,

My Phone is Samsung i900

I have severally taken this message too:

----------------------------------------------
    Cannot connect . Likely reasons are:
    1.The remote computer is not set up for this.
    2.Reached the maximum number of connections.
    3.A network error occurred while connecting.
    ------------------------------------------

But now i solve it. It was very simple. My connection to net was ''Wap GPRS''
    I just change it to ''İnternet''
    You can make necessary selection from opera or from ''Settings'' => ''explorer connection type''

After that if you have not make any connection to internet, just go to any page with opera or internet explorer it make the connection.
    Then got to the Remote Desktop mobile from menu and press the connect.

Sorry for my bad english
    Thanks to all of you for nice description of RDM. I learned it from this site.
    Official Samsung call center in my country dont know RDM. I saw it in the help menu of my phone. And explore from net then i found you.

Bye.

Does anyone got this working on WM6.5?

I just bought a Samsung Omnia II. Installed this RDP Client.

I run it, fill the required fields (host, user...) then i click connect and nothing happens.... It hangs forever.

I really know how to use RDP, i'm sure i have no problems with firewalls, adresses, ports, etc..., tried several servers i administrate. All i need is a client for WM6.5.

Thank you.

Registered Luser
    Quote Originally Posted by cussuol View Post
    Does anyone got this working on WM6.5?

I just bought a Samsung Omnia II. Installed this RDP Client.

I run it, fill the required fields (host, user...) then i click connect and nothing happens.... It hangs forever.

I really know how to use RDP, i'm sure i have no problems with firewalls, adresses, ports, etc..., tried several servers i administrate. All i need is a client for WM6.5.

Thank you.
    You might want to try zadesktop. Unlike Microsoft's client, it gives you up to 1024x768. It's not without bugs, but quite usable and works on WM6.5. I don't think the developer is still active on it (He hasn't made an appearance on the forums for a long long time. I even offered to send him money in thanks for the product, and he never responded.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried zadesktop. But it's very bad.
    The form to fil host address, users, etc.. is very fuzzi. The fields are all one over others...
    At least, it conects. Once connected i can see the server's screen by i cannot interact with it, just can't move the mouse cursor with the touchscreen.
    Also, it would be nice if it could turn the screen to landscape position.

Any other suggestion?
    Last edited by cussuol; 05-06-2010 at 03:43 PM.

Works fine. Only one problem. As I live in Belgium my keyboard is AZERTY and when I'm in RDP the keyboard changes to QWERTY. On the server where I'm connecting the keyboard is set to AZERTY and this can't be changed because other users log on to it from a PC.
    Anyone an idea how to solve this?

We solved it by installing a second Terminal Server with US keyboard as standard.
    But how do we save the settings "Full screen" and "Fit remote desktop to screen"?

Is the reverse possible(vice versa)...
    i.e connecting to PDA from Desktop???

Quote Originally Posted by ptahbe View Post
    But how do we save the settings "Full screen" and "Fit remote desktop to screen"?
    Hi everybody,

It's been a while this topic has not been active, but I have the exact same question about these settings.

Would anyone know something about that?

Thank you very much in advance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6