+ Reply to Thread

my phone stop vibrating! :(

ok my phone stop vibrating does any1 know how to fix this? i've been looking on this board for some help but nothing

i am using kirvin 3.5 clean aku
    ppc6800, htc home 5tabs, sbp time, omega battery pro, sbp weather, palm sms, mms hack..
    treo 300>treo 600>treo 650.ppc 6700.ppc6800

My phone had that problem too - among other problems. I found that when I charged my phone over the USB cable connected to a computer, that it would no longer vibrate, even when the battery light turned green indicating a full charge. When I got home, I used the dock connected to a wall outlet, and after that charge the vibrations came back. This might just be a weird quirk of my disfunctional phone though.

strange, because mine quit vibrating this morning also.

[EDIT] my vibration starting working again for some reason. i did nothing to it. however i do notice it will slightly speed up and slow down as if it is being bogged down by something against it. maybe it the motor is getting ready to die off on me. GL on yours BTW.
    Last edited by weedahoe; 07-06-2007 at 03:40 PM.

if you have installed the hack the turns the blinking LED off, I think that that hack also stops the phone from vibrating.

nope all i have on here is the clean and simple rom from kirvin nothing more..

i am praying that i have the same luck as weedahoe and tentos
    ppc6800, htc home 5tabs, sbp time, omega battery pro, sbp weather, palm sms, mms hack..

PCS'ing to Fort Lewis on the 14th of March
    Ok, wtf. Mine stopped vibrating this week too...

well I say mine had started working again but then tonight I noticed it had stopped vibrating again. I played with it a but and did get it working but the motor for the vibration feels weak and as if something is bogging it down. That really sucks because I have NO issues with this phone and love how it works. Plus this is a new phone that VZW JUST send to me. Looks like I will get another one.

Administrator
    its most likely a REFURB which would explain the erratic behaviour of the vibrate function... an old phone that may have some other issues with it as well.. definitely request a new one... dont just "get by" with this phone...

Well I can speak for Marc but mine is new. Under the reburb status and date there is no info. However it is vibrating today but due to it being erratic I will have them replace it again.

Mark, did you ever gets your vibing again?

yes after reinstalling the sprint rom .. i mean my phone is spanking new so i knew it was something to do with the rom i will try to install the aku 3 5 again and hope it works this time loll atleast i know what the problem is...

it has somethin to do w/ the battery. press the battery in, and do somethin that makes you phone vibrate, you should see that works again.

w00t!
    That happens to me every now and then.

I hit my phone. It starts vibrating again. Not kidding. I can do this while it's ringing - if it wasn't vibrating, it starts.

Not the greatest solution, but it doesn't happen to me often enough to actually find a permanent fix.

Quote Originally Posted by BCHON View Post
    it has somethin to do w/ the battery. press the battery in, and do somethin that makes you phone vibrate, you should see that works again.

i thought it had something to do with thw battery too because everytime i swap out to my off market battery my phone acts funny AU-6700 model.. they are like $1 on ebay LOL.. anyways i hope i dont have to go through this again because sprint is a pc of S@#$ when its time to help you get a new phone..

update:
    i let my phone's battery drain and then charged it for a day.. after using it all day yesterday i was only down to 60% i thought it was broken again LOL.. thats talking for about 2 hrs and about 80 text messages+ live search and played a game or 10 of bubble breaker lol....