Closed Thread

Why is my phone showing Military time?? HELP!!

I don't know what the heck happened. All of a sudden the time on my phone is in Military time. My alarm didnt go off on time and I was late for work this morning. I've tried everything (at least I think so). Removed the only 2 third party programs I had on my phone (the HTC file and the customizer), changed the time manually in the Clock & Alarm area and nothing. HTC was working fine for days so I really dont think it was that. About an hour before I noticed the problem a friend of mine beamed and installed some program called P-something which was supposed to close applications when pressing the "X". I got angry and had him remove it and now this! I even sucked it up and called VZ's tech support (sorry to say they know nothing--didn't even have a phone nearby to know the functions of the phone).

I'm minutes away from doing a hard reset because I don't know what else to do. This MP time is ANNOYING. Can anyone help? I'd appreciate it.

i dunno... but when you figure it out let me know. i want MT on my phone and can't figure out how to turn it on.

Sickwidit
    Start>Settings>System>Regional Settings>Time>h:mm:ss tt
    Eric Hicks, Microsoft MVP, Mobile-Devices
    My Devices
    Four PPC6600's, One PPC6700, Three PPC6800's,One Treo 700w,One Jas Jar,One Pantec Duo,One T-mobile Dash...Do I have too many devices?

Tried that already. Even made sure I pressed OK. No change.

Sickwidit
    Did you make sure to try every option listed?
    Eric Hicks, Microsoft MVP, Mobile-Devices
    My Devices
    Four PPC6600's, One PPC6700, Three PPC6800's,One Treo 700w,One Jas Jar,One Pantec Duo,One T-mobile Dash...Do I have too many devices?

The only place I found in the menus to change this is Start>Settings>System>Regional Settings>Region. English (United States) gives AM/PM time, English (United Kingdom) gives 24-hour or military time; the other United Kingdom settings like currency can be changed back in other tabs but the time style cannot.
    Last edited by bakntyme; 01-28-2008 at 05:31 PM.

Top pull down menu that page. when the field is highlighted green (or whatever), tap the arrows up until you get the lower cased lettering in the configuration you want. The upper case lettering is for "military" time (24 hour clock).
    "Actually, it's a buck and a quarter quarter staff.......but I'm not telling HIM that."

Quote Originally Posted by Growler67 View Post
    Top pull down menu that page. when the field is highlighted green (or whatever), tap the arrows up until you get the lower cased lettering in the configuration you want. The upper case lettering is for "military" time (24 hour clock).
    BINGO! Good find...

To clarify, Start>Settings>System>Regional Settings>Time
    under Time style: scroll to lower case for 12 hour (AM/PM) or upper case for 24 hour (military time)

Quote Originally Posted by that_kid View Post
    Did you make sure to try every option listed?
    Ok folks. I admit. I'm a complete idiot (just for today). You don't know how many times I went into the regional settings and saw only two options when trying to adjust the time. I have NO clue as to why I never paid attention to the up and down scroll arrows on the right of the window--and to think I consider myself to be pretty tech savy.
    Scrolling up I found the setting I was looking for (the option with the :tt on the end)

For the person above who was looking for military time- the option without the :tt on the end is your answer. Wow! I feel like a complete idiot now but thank you all for your help.

i got it too... thanks

No prob, there is also displayed and example just above the pull downs to show you what the time disply will look like.
    "Actually, it's a buck and a quarter quarter staff.......but I'm not telling HIM that."