+ Reply to Thread

Disable data connection #777 (Sprint Rom 3.56)

I do not have nor do I want a data plan. Sprint knows that and has disabled NAI functionality. Sprint has also blocked Pay-As-You-Go Data Access. I use WiFi to access the web and want to use GPA as a stand-a-lone. With the new Sprint ROM for Mogul installed eveytime I use GPS it tries to connect to #777. I have gone into data connections and tried changing the number, adding a user name etc. but it keeps going back to the orignial. I went into Windows and tried to delete HTC Guardian but it will not allow that. Any ideas? Thanks,
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by aseidman View Post
    I do not have nor do I want a data plan. Sprint knows that and has disabled NAI functionality. Sprint has also blocked Pay-As-You-Go Data Access. I use WiFi to access the web and want to use GPA as a stand-a-lone. With the new Sprint ROM for Mogul installed eveytime I use GPS it tries to connect to #777. I have gone into data connections and tried changing the number, adding a user name etc. but it keeps going back to the orignial. I went into Windows and tried to delete HTC Guardian but it will not allow that. Any ideas? Thanks,
    Alan
    Have you attempted to just let it go?

Every time I launch the HTC GPS app to check out satellites, etc. it will dial out even though I know it's not really using a data connection.
    Bryan

"I'm not going anywhere NEAR that sabertooth snatch of yours." - Dr. Christian Troy

Alan
    If Sprint has blocked your data access then why worry about it? If you change the settings and it took, all it will do is give you more pop ups to close. Much easier to just see one pop and be done with.

Yes, I could just forget about it and since no one has a sulution will have to go with that. But it can get annoying when it pops up 3 or 4 times.
    Alan

Yes, I could just forget about it and since no one has a sulution will have to go with that. But it can get annoying when it pops up 3 or 4 times.
    Alan
    If you cancel the connection when it dials out after activating GPS, does your GPS still work?
    Bryan

"I'm not going anywhere NEAR that sabertooth snatch of yours." - Dr. Christian Troy

Alan
    If the pop up really start to bother you, I think theres a way to disable the popups but I believe it also disables other popups. I think I saw it once at ppcgeeks.com or maybe here but I really don't remember which so try doing a search on both sites.