+ Reply to Thread

Stronger Phone/radio signal strength/more bars with any new XV6800 ROMs?

Hi the people who upgraded to the new WM6.1 Official ROM upgrade indicated that they were getting better phone signal strength after they upgraded with the official rom, and I was wondering if anyone noticed the same thing with the XV6800 after upgrading using the official WM6.1 ROM or the custom ROM? If you do notice more bars with any of the custom ROM'S could you please let me know which one(s)? I have to work in a place where there's little signal, but my i730s have no problem getting signal in certain places I leave the phone..yet with the newer devices that have internal antennas instead of external ones like the i730 have a real problem keeping a connection for more than a few seconds. Thanks.
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

about the same radio signal after I upgraded to wm 6.1 for my xv6800

Quote Originally Posted by redifrogger View Post
    about the same radio signal after I upgraded to wm 6.1 for my xv6800
    Man that sucks..Anyone else?

All I have noticed is that areas I had a good signal with my 6700 I now have pretty weak signals with my 6800...

I went with 3.42.50 and I've got signal where my i760 and girlfiend's chocolate won't pick anything up.

I would always be frustrated because I had to always talk on right ear.
    Last edited by abuttino; 11-02-2008 at 08:58 AM.

Ok.. apparently it is only me.
    I live in a semi-rural area. My 6700 never dropped a call.. literally, EVER. Tonight, on my routine drive home, where I made calls all the time, my call dropped twice.

Is it just me or is the 6800 signal strength sub-par, especially compared to the 6700?

Quote Originally Posted by techtips View Post
    Ok.. apparently it is only me.
    I live in a semi-rural area. My 6700 never dropped a call.. literally, EVER. Tonight, on my routine drive home, where I made calls all the time, my call dropped twice.

Is it just me or is the 6800 signal strength sub-par, especially compared to the 6700?
    I found the same thing pretty much.. I've foudn the ones with internal antennas have less powerful radios/signal..:/ THOUGH the i760 REFURB was better than any of them..I dont get why that is, which is why I asked thinking it would be fixed with the WM6.1 update or is fixable some other way. I need it to work in a basement where I work otherwise it's almost useless to me..the i730s have never had a problem with it..I mean yea you have to place it in certain specific areas for it to work but it works.

From what I understand WM6.1 increases the phone radio for the i760 from what people report BUT I haven't seen anyone say that about the XV6800 which I like better than the i760.

Quote Originally Posted by abuttino View Post
    I went with 3.42.50 and I've got signal where my i760 and girlfiend's chocolate won't pick anything up.

I would always be frustrated because I had to always talk on right ear.
    Wait so are you saying that you got a BETTER signal/connection with a custom ROM or was that not really tested/compared to when you had the OEM ROM?

My ROM is custom and my signal sucks.
    Anyone have any ideas abotu accessories I could buy to at least use around the house or in the van on trips?