+ Reply to Thread

Question Mogul/PPC-6800 keyboard sensor opens up start menu

Hi. I have had my Mogul for about 7 months now. Love the phone. The issue that I am having right now however is that when I slide open my phone to use the keyboard, pressing either the i or u key causes my today screen to come up on the screen and opens the start menu. It happens in any program, internet explorer or while sending a text message. Also, if I pass my finger over the keyboard sensor, this also causes the same issue. Now, this did not happen until I followed directions on a post here to check/uncheck the keyboard sensor in Start>Settings>Buttons>Backlight>Enable keyboard backlight auto sensor. I did this because I was having issues with the keyboard light staying on. Since then, I have had this problem. I have gone back and unchecked it, checked it again, and it doesn't matter if this is checked or not. I have also soft reset the phone several times. The sensor just seems too sensitive, and causes the start menu to come up on the today screen, no matter what program I am in. *ALSO* Even if my phone is closed, if i press to hard on the right side of my phone screen, the same thing happens. So I definitely think it has something to do with that sensor.

Thank you for reading my post, I know it was long but wanted it to be as detailed as possible. Please help, if i could save myself from having to hard reset it would be great, but I will do it if that my indeed solve the issue. Hoping its not a hardware problem!

Thanks,
    Reka

Official Food Taster WebmastuhB's Avatar
    I had a similar problem with the Start Menu popping down all the time at inappropriate times (which was screwing things up). Turned out it was some dirt wedged between the screen and the case.

Read this:
    6800 touchscreen acting flakey

Thanks so much for responding to my post. I read the thread that was in your msg and also tried cleaning around my screen with a toothpick..and I no longer have the problem! Hopefully this issue is gone for good. Thanks again!

Official Food Taster WebmastuhB's Avatar

Smile

Hey, glad I could help.

For the record, its been several days since the cleaning and I have had NO issues at all with the start menu popping up or the touch screen acting wonky. Hooray!