+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Missing Memory?

Missing Memory?

I got my phone back from the insurance company Sprint uses, however I'm pretty sure it doesn't have as much memory as it is supposed to. In the memory screen, "Total" memory under Storage is 146.24 and Program is 46.92. I am always getting errors about low memory when I only have one program running.

What do you guys with the Mogul/6800 have listed here? If this is incorrect, will Sprint replace the phone? I haven't looked into the new model of this phone (HTC Touch or Touch Pro or something), but does it tether?

Administrator
    did you do a hard reset? i think that sounds right but i have not turned on my 6800 in months...

The HTC website says 256, 64...but I didn't know if when you actually looked at it on the phone it was something other than that.

Administrator
    well that number is probably before the cell carriers add their own software to the device. when you hard reset or first turn on the phone when its new out of the box, it loads up THEN sprint has their own software thats loaded up.. THAT extra software eats up some memory, hence why you notice a little less.

if you search here for "bloatware" you will see what programs are loaded up. you can stop this process by soft resetting the phone when you see it say "loading customizations...." if youd like...

If it was installed by Sprint or any one else, wouldn't it but listed under "In use" and not subtracted from the total amount of memory I'm told I have?

Administrator
    not necessarily. the memory quoted on htc is the installed memory. after the carrier adds their own software that subtracts from the spec'ed memory from the manufacturer.

im sure your phones memory is right in line with any other sprint branded 6800. when i get home i will power up my 6800 and see what the memory is...