Closed Thread

help !how to clear esn ?

hello ,everyone !my device is sprint ppc 6800.who knowns how to clear esn of the device itself?
    thanks !

Why are you trying to change the ESN? I'm pretty sure it's not possible.

i see many ppc6800 are on selling on ebay,they say the device has esn cleaned .so i want to konwe how to change esn !thanks !

I don't think that a "clean ESN" means that you've changed it. This is probably not possible, as it is deeply embedded within the radio, or more likely, is a hardware implementation. Most likely it means that the MSL is used to set the network and user ID to default values (to null.) This means that the phone has to be programmed with the network ID/user ID in order to be used. This is analogous to buying a new phone out of the box - it isn't associated to your phone number until a rep enters the MSL code and prgrams the subscriber ID (the phone number to which the ESN will correspond to on the network.) To do that, you'll need to get your MSL code from a Sprint rep. Once you have it, enter ##MSL# and enter your MSL code. This should let you hard-reset the phone, which will delete all ID fields and require a manual reprogram. Note that this is *more* than a normal hard reset; it clears radio ROM user data as well.

I looked on ebay. I think you might be confusing a " clear " or " clean " esn. That means that the phone owes no money balance. I don't think its talking about a " NO " esn on the phone so you can put one in...

Just my 2 cents.............

Quote Originally Posted by skyheli View Post
    I looked on ebay. I think you might be confusing a " clear " or " clean " esn. That means that the phone owes no money balance. I don't think its talking about a " NO " esn on the phone so you can put one in...

Just my 2 cents.............
    Skyheli is probably right. Clean ESN must mean that the phone is in good standing, isn't stolen, and doesn't have an account tied to it that should still be active or paid off. Also consider doing the MSL reset if you're planning on selling, so that your phone number isn't registered to the phone incase someone tries to find it out.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is no legitimate way to remove the ESN from a phone. A "clean" ESN just means it's in good standing and can be added to an account without any problems.

thanks everyone ! thanks all your answer !