+ Reply to Thread

Directory Assistant 3.01 Update - Must Have!

I have just posted an update, V 3.01, addressing the following issues:
    • Due to another recent formatting change in results from yp.com, business phone was not being read correctly and thus chopped short on the end.
    • Added code to catch inadvertently entered carriage returns in query text fields. These would not show up in the field, thus confusing users into thinking all was well, when in fact these queries always produced the dreaded "Error 0" message.

I now believe this is the cause of most people's need to delete the app and re-install it once these errors began appearing.

The fix I put in is to replace the offending carriage return with a space, refresh the field (now the duplicate data will be obvious) and show an error alert that the field must be edited.
    • Resets/Errors occuring during Parse step for multi-page queries.

Grab it here:
    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Directory Assistant 3.01 probs on Treo 650

FYI - directory assistant 3.01 has two problems on the Treo 650:

1. Blazer is not recognized. Despite having Blazer set in the preferences, when I try to look at a map, I get "Selected web browser is not installed on this device!" I'm assuming that this is a version problem (DA doesn't know Blazer 4.0).

2. 5-way navigation support would be *awesome*!

Great program. Can't imagine using my Treo 650 without it.

Re: Directory Assistant 3.01 probs on Treo 650

1. You need to pick Treo Web. The Blazer entry was for the old (Treo 300 vintage) blazer).

2. I suspect this to be caused by the 650 having a different device ID than the 600 and thus 5-way Nav is not being enabled. I will be sending a test app to a 650 user to determine what this ID is so I can make the change.

Originally posted by probando
    FYI - directory assistant 3.01 has two problems on the Treo 650:

1. Blazer is not recognized. Despite having Blazer set in the preferences, when I try to look at a map, I get "Selected web browser is not installed on this device!" I'm assuming that this is a version problem (DA doesn't know Blazer 4.0).

2. 5-way navigation support would be *awesome*!

Great program. Can't imagine using my Treo 650 without it.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Anyone who wants to try a test version that SHOULD enable 5-way nav on the Treo 650, can get it here:

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/Beta/DA.prc

Seems to work so far!!!

Just got my Treo650 yesterday