+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LDAP for Palm

LDAP for Palm

I've found only one instance of someone actually working on doing this, and considering the number of smartphones available for palm, to me it seems like a no brainer. I'd like the ability to look people up in an LDAP directory on my palm.

How hard would it be to write an LDAP client that would work on a Treo?

I'd be willing to fork over at least 30 bucks for an LDAP client, and I think there are a lot of other LDAP users who would as well...
    Free Tibet!*
    (*With purchase of Tibet of equal or greater
    value)

LDAP seems simple on the surface, but there are an awful lot of options that people would end up wanting, so it would end up being fairly complex. But still it's an interesting idea, one I may look at further.

But like a lot of things where someone says something to the effect of they'd pay a lot of money for something like "x" and they are SURE a lot of others would be too, I have to wonder what the demand really would be.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

What is LDAP? What does it do and how would one go about using it? What would it do that can't already be done, or what does it improve?

Thanks for the reply!
    bk
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"