+ Reply to Thread

Cannot SEND E-mail but Can Receive

An earlier thread (now closed) indicated that a user experienced difficulties sending e-mail but resolved those problems by using: cwmx.com as the outgoing e-mail server. The user also indicated that s/he removed the UN and PW but I am not able to leave those fields blank. I too use Cingular with a Blackjack...

Please help if you can. thanks.

I sent you a PM with directions... See if those help you.

Quote Originally Posted by REHALE
    An earlier thread (now closed) indicated that a user experienced difficulties sending e-mail but resolved those problems by using: cwmx.com as the outgoing e-mail server. The user also indicated that s/he removed the UN and PW but I am not able to leave those fields blank. I too use Cingular with a Blackjack...

Please help if you can. thanks.
    I have the same problem. I can send but not receive. I was on the phone for over 45 minutes yesterday with Cingular with no resolution. I have had an unlimited data package for quite some time now. It works flawlessly with my 8125 and worked just fine with the Blackjack up until a couple weeks ago. When I bought the Blackjack the Cingular personel said that it would work fine with the data package I was on.

So yesterday after 45 minutes Cingular, "The new AT&T", had the answer that their system is just now finding that I don't have the correct data plan and that I would have to change the 19.95 data plan to a 39.95 pda plan. They don't really care that the Cingular people said it would work when I bought the Blackjack nor that it worked up until a couple weeks ago.

Is there anything I can do to be able to send emails short of going to the new plan? If not, I will take the three phones I currently have on the account and move them to some other carrier as the plans expire.

Thanks for any help and allowing me to vent a little.

Hack this...
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddBlackJack
    I sent you a PM with directions... See if those help you.
    Why didn't you just post in reply so that you might help other folks as well? Not *****ing, just curious is all. Can't search people's private messages.
    Need Content Developers for Dev-Hack.Com
    Modding your children since 1997