+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up Free Extended Battery!

Source [msmobiles]

Overview: Due to the size of the Samsung Blackjack it was designed with a battery that would keep it at its ultra thin look. Because it is a 3G device and has a Windows operating system along with other battery draining features some customers may have experienced a shortened battery life. Samsung and Cingular have worked to produce a bigger battery. There is also a new back cover that looks awesome with the Blackjack. We wanted to make sure that we handle every customer that does have a concern about their Blackjack battery life. Cingular has launched a website that will address the customers concerns and does offer a battery replacement.

* Extended battery is also available as a free option for customers dissatisfied with battery life
    * AT&T is not overtly communicating this option. Should be used on a case-by-case basis.
    * Customer needs to fill out a web form
    * URL is http://www.smartphoneforums.com/forums/www.web-rebates.com/cingular/blackjack
    * Needs IMEI, MIN and shipping address
    * IMEIs between 352794010030189 - 352794012269959 are eligible for this offer
    * Young America will process & fulfill
    * Web site will be live Feb 16th 2007. Fulfillment process may take 2 to 4 weeks due to short supply of extended batteries

Update: I am lucky enough to have an IMEI which falls in that range. I filled out the form and got an instant email confirmation. My new battery and cover will be shipped in 2 weeks

I was eligible also. Thatnks fo rthe heads up

Funny thing, I seem to get more life out of the thin battery than I do the extended one.

Finally got my free extended battery...

It may change my routine a bit, since I used to just alternate between the 2 original batteries and charge with the external charging enclosure.

When I get home, I'll be curious to see if this battery fits in the external charger.

This cover really fattened up the Blackjack... I'll have to see if this makes me fumble, since I'm used to the original slim form factor.
    687 Kbps down / 201 Kbps up >> tethered to 17" MacBook Pro