+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Samsung SPH i700 HFK Vehicle Wiring Procedure

Thanks to our own Mod..ppcmd here it is to wire up a HFK in case you lost the manual or the dog ate it...

The Red wire must be connected to the vehicle battery. Depending on how your vehicle is equipped, an auxiliary power connection may be found under the dash or near the fuse box. In newer vehicles there may be a fuse box location for a cellular phone. Consult your vehicle owner’s manual. The Red wire has an in-line fuse holder. Be sure to use a 125V/3A fuse.

The Black wire must be connected to the vehicle ground (GND).

The Orange wire is the ignition sense. This wire must be connected to the switch side of the ignition switch. If an easy connection cannot be made, find a vehicle accessor on the fuse box that is turned on and off by the ignition switch, and connect the orange wire to this accessory. The Orange wire has an in-line fuse holder. Be sure to use a 125V/3A fuse.

The Brown wire is the stereo mute. This wire does not have to be connected for the Hands-free-Car Kit to work properly. Connect this wire to the stereo mute wire from your vehicle stereo (check your vehicle stereo owners manual, or if the stereo is factory installed, check the vehicle owners manual) The brown wire has an in-line fuse holder. Be sure to use 125V/3A fuse.
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Thanks Equus.
    My PDA & SmartPhone History: Palm Vx; M505;TungstenT; NX60; iPaq 1910; I700; Treo 600; hx4700; MPx220; hw6515, Treo 700w, XV6700,, Treo 700p, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9h, BlackBerry 8310 & BlackBerry 8820, BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Storm 9530; Droid Incredible; iPhone4; Samsung Captivate; Samsung Fascinate; Droid X, Droid2 Global, Droid X; Droid Incredible. Funny how the familiar is where you end up in the end.

Courtesy of tsatryan another fine converged member...

Just for the record, the orange wire does not need to be used. I did not want my HFK to shut off, or time out, after turning off my ignition. My HFK - without the orange wire connected to anything - works fine. It is live and functioning whether the ignition is on or off at all times. That's how I wanted it.
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !