+ Reply to Thread
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Where can I buy a Samsung i700?

Info on ordering one... provide updates if you have them!

Currently, corporate customers can order them through their corporate reps prior to the retail launch.

If that doesn't apply to you, you can try this....

-Call the Verizon Inside Sales Department - (88 466 4646
    -Work your way through the menus or just hit 0 until you get to a representative. This takes a while, I waited 10 minutes or so before a representative picked up.
    -Tell them you want to buy a Samsung I700
    -It's $599 w/ 2yr. contract, $629 w/ 1 yr. contract, and $729 w/o contract

Apparantly the ordering is complicated because they have to order the phones directly from Samsung before shipping. This requires coordination of several departments. They can reserve a serial number which is supposed to confirm your phone order... they are obviously in short supply.

Beyond that, this information was provided by pdaPhoneHome user jaderaven

I just found this on Pocket PC passion and thought it might be of interest to anyone ordering the i700. Apparently there is a third CD from Verizon which can be ordered for the asking that has some sort of wireless/internet sync software on it for the i700.

Samsung i700 Retail/Telesales Launch- Effective 5/22/03
    by Justin Thrapp
    May 8, 2003
    Below is an email I received from Verizon Wireless.

Samsung i700 Launch

* Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce the launch of the ultimate productivity tool in the Samsung i700 Pocket PC. Now you can place
    calls, surf the web, email, and take pictures with one incredible device!

Retail/Telesales Launch- Effective 5/22:
    * The Samsung i700 and accessories are available through Direct Fulfillment Only! Retail Stores (Kiosks and Carts excluded) will be receiving one Samsung i700 to be utilized as a demonstration unit on selling walls beginning. Do not utilize this unit for a customer purchase.

* Customers who contact a Retail or Telesales Representative prior to 5/22 requesting this phone may be sold the phone and accessories utilizing Direct Fulfillment procedures.

* The Samsung I700 is $599.99

Samsung i700 Wireless Sync:
    * Wireless Sync solution allows customers to wirelessly synchronize with their office or home computer using their wireless
    mobile device to retrieve e-mail, calendar information and contact information

* The Wireless Sync CD must be ordered with the purchase of the handset to allow customers this functionality. The Equipment SKU# for this CD is DAT80001
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Mike - Been Converged?

Updated phone number

I called the number listed above today and it will re-direct you to another number and another one and so on.

The quickest number is to call Verizon Telesales at 800-256-4646. They have it in stock and the prices are the same as listed above. I ordered mine and they did not even ask what state until the very end (for shipping address)... so I don't see any restrictions on which state can order. Once I called this number, it took about 3-4 minutes from start to finish the order. (Can't wait to get the phone!)

Be sure to ask them to include SKU DAT800001 for the CDrom that allows you to synch email, etc.

samsung i700

hi guys
    i currently have a xda but i think this phone is the business but i live in the uk i have tried to buy it from verizon but there web site is aimed at the american market and i dont have a post code to get into it. i beleve the phone is tri band so it would work in the uk is verizon part of vodaphone or do you know where it can be purchased in europe

Sorry

Sorry Kevin. The version of the i700 currently being sold by Verizon Wireless is CDMA only. You'd need a GSM/GPRS phone to work in Europe. Samsung has announced plans for a GSM version, and the best guess is 3Q03 for when it would be available. Watch pdaPhoneHome for info on its progress coming to market.
    Mike - Been Converged?

I've tried calleing both of the numbers listed above to place and order. The first number redirects you to another number and hangs up and the second, the sales reps say they don't have the phone listed and can't sell it. Has anyone on this board has any success with ordering via this number. Maybe its because I am in California? Neither my corporate or government sales rep can get them here.
    John

For more information see barJohn Reviews It

I'm in Montana and have tried many different numbers many different times. About half of the time the rep hasn't even heard of the i700. The other half of the time they've been telling me that they can't sell it until the release date listed, which they've been telling me is Monday 5/19/2003. It seems like forever, but it's finally only 2 days away......unless they change the date again.

It is showing up now on the web site for some areas... Florida and Texas in particular. Hang in there, your wait is nearly over.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Sorry i forgot to update that info on this thread. Lost track of what threads i had posted the website info to.

i700

hi
    i have had a e-mail from samsung and they have no plans to release it in europe in the imediate future.

i700 release delayed

I talked to VZ Direct Fullfillment and the local retail store here in Flagstaff, AZ. The word is the i700 has been delayed due to a "wireless sync issue on Nortel networks." Not sure what that means.

There is no ETA on when it will be released.

Where to Samsung I700 Order it in NJ, DE DC, VA

If you live in NJ, DE, DC or VA.. you can order via Verizon Internal Sales rep.. Lou Wesley at 800-366-0043 ext 3624 He can deliver it overnight.. I already have mine and it's great.. Tell him PCKeenan refured you and I get a few bucks off my next Verizon bill. ( I can use every dollar I can get given the $599 for the phone with a two year contract).

I700 VAILABLE I700 AVAILABLE I700 AVAILABLE

Enjoy!

PCKeenan

i700

hi
    i have been in talks with samsung about this product and they have no short range plans initially but i have just received this e-mail so hopefully it will be released in europe son

Re: Sorry

Hi Mike, I'm From Vancouver British Columbia and I want to order the i700 in GSM mode to hopefully work on the Rogers AT&T cellular network here. My question is this assuming I could buy the i700 in CDMA or GSM mode, could I get it unlocked? and would the wireless internet work with a Canadian service provider?? I've heard stories that some other phones won't work here because the software was not designed for our cellular network providers up here in Canada.

I welcome your advice on this. Thanks. Sam Esaw, samesaw@shaw.ca

Originally posted by "MikeCollins"

Sorry Kevin. The version of the i700 currently being sold by Verizon Wireless is CDMA only. You'd need a GSM/GPRS phone to work in Europe. Samsung has announced plans for a GSM version, and the best guess is 3Q03 for when it would be available. Watch pdaPhoneHome for info on its progress coming to market.

The i700 is CDMA only at the moment. I think we are still a couple of months away from a GSM version appearing.
    Mike - Been Converged?

New Samsung i700

Just got my new Samsung i700 last Friday. Traded in a broken Thera that was still under warranty. Incidntly the Thera was an almost brand new insurance replacemtn for a broken thera I had for almost a year.

I got my i700 from my local Verizon store. They don't usually carry them in stock, so they ordered it for me. Had it in two days,

As much as i liked my Thera, i love the i700. Great piece of equipment, and Mike you have doen a great job with this forum. I have been scanning and reading over it for the last few days. Picked up a lot of good information.

Thanks
    Last edited by smithqru; 08-18-2003 at 12:07 PM.