+ Reply to Thread
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Can I unlock the Samsung i700?

As far as we know, the Verizon Samsung i700 phones are locked and can't be unlocked. Remember also that these are CDMA phones so they wouldn't work on GSM networks even if you could unlock them. If someone finds out different on this, please post it here....

Most cellphone carriers lock the phones so that they can only be used by there own customers. For example, if you tried to use a T-Mobile phone with a Cingular service plan, it wouldn't likely work. An unlocked phone is simply one that the carrier has not locked. Since most cell phones are sold through the carriers, at a subsidized price, they need to have some assurance that you will not leave without completing your contract and go to another carrier. It's debatable if locking is a good way to counter that, but nevertheless, thats the way it is.

To unlock a phone, is to simply enter the correct codes so that it will work with any carrier. It is possible to both buy unlocked phones, as well as unlock existing codes. Buying an unlocked phone would typically mean buying it from someone other than a carrier. This is going to be very expensive since there is no subsidy to offload the price, and it is somewhat risky. The PocketPC Phone is not an inexpensive device, and the only reasonable path to the manufacturer, is the carrier.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Mike - Been Converged?

Motorola mpx200 unlock

Do you have any suggestions on reputable unlock services that can provide unlock codes for Motorola MPX200? Mine is currently linked to AT&T and I want to move to Cingular.

Thanks,

Unlock MPX 200,

JoJoJojo
    slj100

Unlock MPX 200,

JoJoJojo, I have used gsm-software.com as an unlocking service several times. It was pretty cheap and they were very reliable. They also unlocked my AT&T MPX 200 with no problems.

slj100
    slj100

Question

When you unlock these phones. How can you make sure that the carrier will send service to them. I have the i700 but like how small and sleek the MPX 200 is. How do I know if they unlock it you will be able to use it on the verizon network or whatever you currently use?

Thanks

Hello,

We do not offer samsung unlocking service at this time because samsung software can be downloaded for free from many web site.

We offer motorola, SE, Siemens and some other brands only...

You can try following code to unlock samsung E500/E700X

Type this code with an acceppted sim card through phone keyboard.

*#*7337#

i like the i700 but have service with sprint and don`t want to change options?

i700

i like the i700, but i am with sprint and i like there service what are my options?

I'd like to know if this is possible as well. I have Sprint, and of course mistakenly bought this Verizon Samsung I700. Of course, Sprint can't register the ESN because it's not from Sprint. Anyway of changing this?

Possibly take an ESN off of an older smartphone (the one I ran over with a car)...?