+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-11-2004
    Posts
    2
    Is the driver listed here for the i700 the SAME drivers needed to do a similar laptop/phone connection with Samsung i600??

    Thanks!

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-07-2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2

    i700 as a modem

    Thank you for your reply mgdimarco. However I am still having difficulty. I am attempting to make outgoing calls not receive them. The computer is able to establish the call but I still can not hear the receiver and they can't hear me. Can anyone try this with their computer and Outlook?

    Thanks.

  3. #23
    Registered User 3goldens's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-03-2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    590

    phone as a modem

    thank you so much for the information about using the samsung i700 as a modem for my laptop. i found only one deveiation from your instructions, at least here in new yourk, it appears one does not have to enter a verizon email address after entering your phone number as the user name, i am using only the phone number and the vzw password and it works brilliantly! CHEERS!

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2004
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs up Worked the first time...

    Thanks for your post... I've been looking for this data on the web for days. Worked the first time!

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-04-2004
    Posts
    10
    whenever I try to dial my connection I get an error:
    Error 692: There was a hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device).

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-07-2004
    Posts
    3
    I'm having same problem...
    Funny part is that it worked for some time, and the battery died and I had to reinstall some software.Since that time, I'm getting the same error 692 - the laptop recognizes the modem but can't use it.
    Anyone had to change any config properties on the connection?

    Thanks, Leonid

  7. #27
    Converged and Redeemed
    Join Date
    12-27-2003
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    1,456
    I, too, am having the exact same problem. The drivers are installed properly, and device manager shows the Samsung in the modems, as well as the USB section. I created the network connection in the exact way stated. When I go to dial out, I immediately get ehe same error message as lapistola.

    I have tried everything, and frankly, I am very frustrated. I used to be able to use the i700 as a modem anytime I wanted. Now, since work was done on my laptop, and I had to reset-up the connection and the drivers, it won't work at all.

    I would really appreciate some help. Thanks!
    Pastor Tim Satryan
    Communicating the Good News!
    Visit my website - WILMINGTON first assembly of God

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-04-2004
    Posts
    10
    Oh.. I fixed it.. re-start your computer.

    I felt real silly after I did it.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-18-2004
    Posts
    3

    Crash when installing driver

    When I connect my I700 in external data call mode and XP prompts me for the drivers, the driver install gets to the very end and then locks up my computer. The install freezes when loading the last file sscdcmnt.sys. I have tried disabling all startup items and soft resetting my phone. Any ideas on how to get around this?

  10. #30
    Registered User equus's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-06-2003
    Location
    Milpitas. California
    Posts
    5,293

    Re: Crash when installing driver

    Originally posted by benbaker
    When I connect my I700 in external data call mode and XP prompts me for the drivers, the driver install gets to the very end and then locks up my computer. The install freezes when loading the last file sscdcmnt.sys. I have tried disabling all startup items and soft resetting my phone. Any ideas on how to get around this?
    Install the drivers first without the i700 in the cradle...reboot PC..first soft-reset i700..sync with AS first...then go to activesync screen in i700 and change to Data-Call.
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-18-2004
    Posts
    3

    Re: Crash when installing driver

    How do manually install drivers? When I run the setup.exe all it does is copy the driver files to a folder in the "program files" directory. It doesn't install them to the system. When I do try to add the samsung manully as a modem without the i700 attached the listing is blank when I select "have disk" and select the drivers.

  12. #32
    Registered User equus's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-06-2003
    Location
    Milpitas. California
    Posts
    5,293

    Re: Re: Crash when installing driver

    Originally posted by benbaker
    How do manually install drivers? When I run the setup.exe all it does is copy the driver files to a folder in the "program files" directory. It doesn't install them to the system. When I do try to add the samsung manully as a modem without the i700 attached the listing is blank when I select "have disk" and select the drivers.
    Yes. thats right after you install the drivers...reboot PC...cradle the i700....turn it to Data Call...then it will see it as an external modem. tsatryan has this procedure pretty well memorized...when he logs in I am sure he will alk you thru step by step...send him a PM....
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

  13. #33
    Converged and Redeemed
    Join Date
    12-27-2003
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    1,456

    Re: Re: Re: Crash when installing driver

    [i] tsatryan has this procedure pretty well memorized...when he logs in I am sure he will alk you thru step by step...send him a PM.... [/B]
    lol - yeah, that's me - master of the 234 kbs connect! I will do my best to assist him when he comes on. I wasn't on last night, obviously.
    Pastor Tim Satryan
    Communicating the Good News!
    Visit my website - WILMINGTON first assembly of God

  14. #34
    Huh?
    Join Date
    06-11-2003
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    95

    Trouble establishing link

    Hi guys,

    Being a new owner of a laptop, I'm trying to use my I700 as a modem. I've downloaded & installed the drivers above but every time I hook up my Lil'Sync cable it tries to reinstall the drivers and it doesn't recognize the I700 as a modem.

    I'm stumped. Please help...

    Dave

  15. #35
    Registered User chris_leeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-16-2004
    Location
    NE PA
    Posts
    17
    I went on vacation with my audiovox thera 2032 and thought i could connect to verizon's express network with it. try as i might, i could not. this left me in a sticky spot for my next vacation (tomorrow).
    I'd kicked around the idea of getting a card for my laptop but the reasonable ones were too slow, horizon's was too expensive on a monthly (not to afford, just to justify).
    I reviewed this portal and thought I'd upgrade my thera to the new i700 ( i have a 15 day right to return it anyway).
    although $600 was more than i wanted to spend it's one hell of a device.
    I used the instructions on this board and was able to get it rigged up as a cdma modem for my laptop in minutes (within minutes of unboxing it!).
    My connection speed? 230K!!!!!!
    I love it. I only had to spend on the new hardware and since I've got the unlimited data package on the device I don't have any extra costs in air time or package upgrade.
    It's totally awesome.

    Thanks to all the good people and information on this board!!
    Hopefully after I get back from my vacation and get caught up I'll be able to contribute to this forum as well.

    thanks again,
    chris leeds

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-22-2004
    Location
    JoCo Kansas
    Posts
    280

    Thumbs up Success!

    Once I changed the user name to only my phone number, everything worked perfectly. Thanks.

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-19-2004
    Posts
    21

    Opening Port and lockup?

    I've followed the instructions here, but when I try to connect, as soon as the dial-up connection attempts to open the port, I get a hard freeze - no Ctrl-Alt-Del, nothing - the only solution is to power-down the laptop and restart. The i700 isn't affected by this freeze, however.

    Is this some kind of side-effect of Microsoft Windows Firewall? Should I open a port? How?

    Thanks,
    Gordy

  18. #38
    Registered User equus's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-06-2003
    Location
    Milpitas. California
    Posts
    5,293

    Re: Opening Port and lockup?

    Originally posted by Machiavelli
    I've followed the instructions here, but when I try to connect, as soon as the dial-up connection attempts to open the port, I get a hard freeze - no Ctrl-Alt-Del, nothing - the only solution is to power-down the laptop and restart. The i700 isn't affected by this freeze, however.

    Is this some kind of side-effect of Microsoft Windows Firewall? Should I open a port? How?

    Thanks,
    Gordy
    Did your laptop recognize the CDMA Modem in device manager? I am assuming all the modem drivers were installed, also you changed connection from active sync to Data....make sure the i700 was first turned on to be in the data mode. Disable MS firewall first before you initiate the connection. Do you have Win XP SP2 installed? sometimes on a few laptops the AS must be running..don't ask me why, but that seems to keep the "link" alive between the device and the PC.....hope this helps some...if not post again and lets see what we can come up with for you....there have been a lot of i700 members here who have successfully connected, maybe they will chime in...
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-19-2004
    Posts
    21
    Thanks, Equus, for the response.

    Yes, modem is recognized, everything as sets up according to these instructions, but when I click "dial" on the new connection, the window that says "opening port" gets halfway opened, and then the whole laptop freezes.

    I've got WinXPProSP2 and AS3.7.1. I've tried disabling the Windows Firewall before dialing, but that doesn't fix it. I've tried soft-resetting the i700 before dialing, but that doesn't work.

    Is there a port setting somewhere in Windows that I can adjust? I'm convinced it's a problem with the laptop or WinXP, because this process worked fine on my old Dell laptop.

    Thanks,
    Gordy

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-22-2004
    Location
    JoCo Kansas
    Posts
    280
    Originally posted by Machiavelli
    Thanks, Equus, for the response.

    Yes, modem is recognized, everything as sets up according to these instructions, but when I click "dial" on the new connection, the window that says "opening port" gets halfway opened, and then the whole laptop freezes.

    I've got WinXPProSP2 and AS3.7.1. I've tried disabling the Windows Firewall before dialing, but that doesn't fix it. I've tried soft-resetting the i700 before dialing, but that doesn't work.

    Is there a port setting somewhere in Windows that I can adjust? I'm convinced it's a problem with the laptop or WinXP, because this process worked fine on my old Dell laptop.

    Thanks,
    Gordy
    Hi Gordy

    Just a thought. You did switch the phone to Data call right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts