+ Reply to Thread

How do you fix cradle and ActiveSync issues with the i700?

The cradle for the i700 takes a bit of getting used to. It is very possible to have the i700 in the cradle, and charging, only to find that ActiveSync doesn't know its there or behaves in a flakey way. It is a contact problem in the cradle. This procedure by a PocketPCPassion user seems to help solve this problem...

"there are two square notches on the side of the i700 that correspond to two two notches on the cradle... the way i do it is press i700 into bottom of cradle and then push the i700 against the cradle till it locks in.... try that" Master O'Mayhem<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    NewsGuy
    pdaPhoneHome

REGISTER and join in the Discussions!!!

Just migrated from I700 to I830 dki700's Avatar
    I've given up on the cradle for "sync"ing, and just use the IR option instead. Just start ActiveSync, then at the bottom of the I700 screen, select Tools --> Connect via IR. Then I aim the I700 at the IR port, Active Sync starts on the PC, and once all categories are synchronized, I tap "stop" on the I700, and I'm all set. (This assumes, of course, that you have the PC set up for IR).
    DK-I700

MrGadget
    Also there is a new ActiveSync version from Microsoft.
    Ernest Aguilar

i use a rubber band. i shyt you not.