+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phone Fatal

Phone Fatal

I have read many posts on the Phone Fatal error but none of them provide a real solution.

This is my exactly Phone Fatal error:
    hdralmp.c 1352 SD should not continue on a NetworkLost

What I know is that it happens when my phone does not have signal. What I don't know is how to avoid this happening.

My guess is that the Phone is attempting to access the network repeatedly until it crashes. My real question is why?

thanks for any info..

Richard

I don't have a solution, Richard, and a search using multiple engines didn't show anything, as I'm sure you probably already know. Have you emailed VZW and Samsung, and checked the Microsoft PPC forums?
    -Duncan

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is opinion" - R. Heinlein

I have not checked out those other forums as I assume that the popular search engines crawl them and, as you found out, there is not much on this error.

I have not talked to VZW or Samsung because I know the answers. I will either have to hard reset or get a replacement (probably refurbished) phone.

I don't want to do either of these options because, as a system admin, I am dead against philosophy that a hard reset is the only fix. Most times it is some obscure setting or incompatible driver/software etc that is causing the problem.

However, if it is a hardware issue (ie overheating) then I may have to go for the replacement.

Thanks!

Richard