+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PDANet Error

PDANet Error

'm using an i730 running WM5 w/ ActivSync 4.1. I can sync so obviously my device is attached and connected but when I hover my cursor over the pdanet icon in my pc's task tray it says "Device not attached." When I connect via USB from the i730 I get the error message: "Unable to connect. Please attach your device to your PC and make PDAnet desktop is running on your PC." When I try to connect from the PC I get the error message: "Please attach your device to the PC before connecting."

I've tried reinstalling without success.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan

Uninstall and reinstall PDAnet on your PC.

I figured out why I was getting the Device Not Attached error. I dl'd the pdanet.exe file to my phone and cut and pasted to my laptop. For whatever reason, that doesn't work. Uninstalling, dl'ing to my laptop, and reinstalling solved the problem.

For anyone thinking about downgrading your radio stack, I just want to say try PDANet for a week. I'm dirt poor and I still think the $35 for pdanet is totally worth it. It's just so much easier (just plug in and your connected) and no dropped connections like with **PATH on 2003se.

My WM5 i730 is now whole. This was the last of 100 problems. Thanks to MR, SD, Dimension, and all the rest for all your help! I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say I'm truly grateful.

Dan

After some recent complications and issues I've had with Wifi, and just with too much time on my hands, I decided to give this program a shot. Mainly because I like to use AS and Pocket Commander.

Well, before I activated the EVDO speed booster, I was about to get rid of it immediately, and was very very dicouraged. However, after rebooting the laptop and reconnected; WOW! I was well more than satisfied with the speed and efficiency of the product.

Since I have 2 i730's (one @ YH25 and one @ ZB21), I am even more interested in the family share on data.)
    Last edited by abuttino; 07-09-2006 at 12:53 AM.

Quote:
    Well, before I activated the EVDO speed booster, I was about to get rid of it immediately, and was very very discouraged. However, after rebooting the laptop and reconnected; WOW! I was well more than satisfied with the speed and efficiency of the product.
    End Quote:

I found out the big speed difference between VZAccess and PDANet was the result of my anti-virus security suite and not because of overhead in PDANet. They are both about the same in speed, VZAccess is such as pain to use since 90% of my attempts cannot find the modem. PDANet always works.

I have an old PIII 650Mhz and the AV software caused the slowdown. Using now a much more robust AV program. AOL Security suite is a real hog!
    Last edited by Bruce Donnallly; 07-09-2006 at 08:53 AM.