+ Reply to Thread

Problems logging into Myspace

Hey all,

Has anyone else had any problems logging into Myspace? When I try to log in, it just takes me back to the original log in screen. I know I'm typing in the right password and all. It's worked forever until just recently. With my old i-730 (I had to get a new one because the touch screen got all jacked up), it happened once but then after I did a hard reset, it worked again. I tried hard resetting this phone but I still can't log on. I'm not very technically savvy so I'm at a loss for what to do now... yeah yeah, I know it's just myspace, but I NEED to be able to access it. LOL.

Thanks!

Sugi

Quote Originally Posted by MissSugi View Post
    Hey all,

Has anyone else had any problems logging into Myspace? When I try to log in, it just takes me back to the original log in screen. I know I'm typing in the right password and all. It's worked forever until just recently. With my old i-730 (I had to get a new one because the touch screen got all jacked up), it happened once but then after I did a hard reset, it worked again. I tried hard resetting this phone but I still can't log on. I'm not very technically savvy so I'm at a loss for what to do now... yeah yeah, I know it's just myspace, but I NEED to be able to access it. LOL.

Thanks!

Sugi

I've never had a problem logging in at all. Te only related problem was if I click the link to skip the ad THAT would take me back to the home page or to re log in, but I figured out that all you need to do is to click Home instead of "Click here to skip ad" and doing that gets you to your actual Myspace account. Do you think you have number lock on or hit shift or something and its perhaps bringing up different characters? Do you have Opera or another browser you can try it in? Have you tried it with the software keyboard w the stylus to try to narrow down what it could be?
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

u are using internet explorer right? i had that same problem on it it worked fine for a while then one day it just kept taking me back to log in screen didnt even say that i got my usernam/password wrong just took me back, but i have the opera browser installed on my i730 too because u can open multiple windows with tabs and i tried it there and it worked perfectly so far its never done that taking my back to log-in page crap. If u must get on to myspace just try it, its a free application just google opera browser for ppc and it should come up works perfectly with myspace.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mj23cg69 View Post
    u are using internet explorer right? i had that same problem on it it worked fine for a while then one day it just kept taking me back to log in screen didnt even say that i got my usernam/password wrong just took me back, but i have the opera browser installed on my i730 too because u can open multiple windows with tabs and i tried it there and it worked perfectly so far its never done that taking my back to log-in page crap. If u must get on to myspace just try it, its a free application just google opera browser for ppc and it should come up works perfectly with myspace.
    That was EXACTLY the problem I was having. I did download the Opera browser and now everything is working great. Thank you!

I haven't used IE for a long time ever since I got Opera months after I got my phone..but now that I'm using it for youtube access I now remember when I first started using IE for Myspace..it was flaky. I didn't remember that because ever since I got Opera I haven't had a problem with log in on then..The only times its happened was because Tom and crew would be doing maintenance late night when I'd check it, not because of any browser. Opera rules! If they can get Youtube fully working with it alone I probably will never touch IE again.
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916