+ Reply to Thread

Not Sending or Recieving Text Messages

Okay here is my problem. Please bear with the long post I really need help. For the past 9 months I have had a problem with sending and receiving text messages. It started with my Samsung I-760.

I-760: I would not receive text messages sometimes up to 24-48 hours later. The text messages would all come in in huge bulks of messages and usually only when I would make a call. I tried hard resets soft resets and firmware upgrades. Nothing helped

I figured the problem had to do with the phone so I decided it was finally time to upgrade.

Blackberry storm: I got tired of the text message problem so I upgraded to a black berry storm. I didn't seem to have any problems sending or receiving text messages with this phone however I hated the device and saw that verizon just released the Samsung Omnia I packed up my storm and headed to verizon. I was unable to extensively test if the problem happened with the storm as well because i only had it for like a week.

Samsung Omnia: I absolutely love everything about the Omnia and have found no phone that even compares on any network. However Im having horrible experiences with text messaging. About once or twice a day the phone will stop sending and receiving text messages. I have no idea that the problem is going on because there is no warning or failed to send messages. I eventually realize that i am getting a abnormally low text volume (none) and then i decide to text myself if it goes through i know that the phone is working (and no one likes me) however if it doesnt i have to preform a soft reset to temporarily fix it. Another annoying thing is that the text messages that i sent during its down time all send out at once when the phone is reset and i receive none of the ones that people sent me when it was down (this can lead to confusion amongst friends).

Forgot to mention that I am on my 3rd Omnia so its not the phone either.
    Number One: Speaker was broken and sounded like crap.
    Number Two: Charging port broke
    Number Three: Working finally, well kinda

Trouble Shooting Steps:
    • Verizon has deleted my phone from the network and re-added it
    • I have preformed a hard reset
    • I have left the phone at factory default settings
    • ... all still result in the same problem

Any ideas on what i should do next? or what the problem could be?

Cindi
    Did you find a solution yet? I just got a Samsung Omnia 3 days ago, and I am having issues receiving text messages also. My previous phone, Moto Q had no problems, so I tend to think it is an issue with the phone, and not my Verizon plan. thanks,
    Cindi

I just switched to an Omnia from an i760 that bricked and the solution to not receiving texts on time on the i760 seemed to be to leave the messaging app always open. Don't use the X to close it, just use the start menu to go back to the Today screen or wherever. This is day 2 of the Omnia and I have not had any texting issues so cannot verify that it will work on this phone, but it is certainly worth a shot.

Have had the same issue off and on. Not quite sure of the cause but it may relate to the Visual Voicemail or, more likely, the data connection.

Does anyone with this issue NOT have visual voicemail? If you do not, please confirm and can scratch that off the list.

Currently I check the Outbox in my text messaging app. to see if any are staying in there. If so, I soft reset the phone and they are sent immediately. Annoying issue but I still love this phone!

Just found this thread as I was searching for a solution for this problem with my Omnia. Has anyone found a solution for this? Is this a Windows Mobile issue or an Omnia issue? It would be nice to find a fix for this issue because it really does get annoying... Thanks for any advice.