+ Reply to Thread

Omnia i910 flashed from Verizon to Cricket

It works, I spent months trying to figure it out. The 3g is not as reliable but over all its doing very well. If anyone is looking to switch from verizon to cricket I'd be willing to share what I learned. I'd also like to learn more about how to actually do this myself. I paid someone to do it for me. In my google searching I barely scratched the surface of how to do it. In my opinion its well worth the change. Now I have unlimited talk, text, 3g and it even tethers to my computer.
    Larry

Red face I need help...

I bought 2 Verizon i910 with the plan to flash the phones to Cricket...I have been researching for over a month and so far have gotten in&out phone working, as well as in SMS. That is all that works from Cricket even though I pay for mms, web, and sms. What am i missing? I've tried samsung pst, service mode, prl(s), different roms...nothing seems to work. There is one setting in EVDO PST settings that always revert back to vzw. Could be part of the problem. Another thing, my MEID is HEX and had to convert it for Cricket since they only use DEC...is there a way to change my phone from HEX to DEC...would that even do anything?

Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

My Opera works, Face Book but not MS My Phone or my mail client. Probably something really simple. I sent you a PM can you tell me how you did your initial flash?
    Larry

I need my i910 flashed from Verizon to Cricket (see username for further explanation) please post directions or PM me!!!!

Do you know if this is area-specific? I was told from a rep in my area (Washington DC) that people had been able to flash verizon phones in Philly and other markets, but in DC it did not work. Is this the "company line" to get you to buy their phone or is their truth?