+ Reply to Thread

Omnia 2 with VZ Navigator

Just got my new Omnia 2. Can I use a different software package other than VZ Navigator with my phone? This will save me the outrageous 9.95 month charge from VZ.

you should be able to use google maps as the GPS is unlocked... Need to make sure you change the GPS settings to be location instead of 911 only.
    pw-man

I just finished getting Garmin Mobile XT moved over and set up. Works perfectly. Google maps and Bing both work(bing is already installed) if you don't need navigation and just want maps.

Yeah Bing works, but I want navigation, turn by turn voice commands. How do you like Garmin Mobile XT?

Quote Originally Posted by Tizi View Post
    Yeah Bing works, but I want navigation, turn by turn voice commands. How do you like Garmin Mobile XT?
    I love it, nearly identical to all the garmin nav devices. Kind of a pain to make work from internal storage, but once done it's very nice.

iGuidance/BT GPS

I'm having a terrible time getting my turn by turn navigation from my old phone working on the O2.

I was hoping to use the O2's internal GPS, but even though I have it set to location and select a COM port and iGuidance finds it, it does not ever seem to do anything - can anyone offer any suggestions before I contact iGuidance?

So I next tried to connect the phone to my bluetooth GPS and I can not for the life of me get it to connect - anyone have any luck pairing a BT GPS to the O2?

I have read that Copilot 8 is good. And for $25! I think I am going to buy it and report out to it's effectiveness.

CoPilot Live 8: ALK Technologies

I use copilot live 8 and love it. I was using iGuidance 4.0. My Copilot Live 8 has the optional Live Traffic function which is really helpful. I'm waiting for the "Street Names" option to be available. Copilot Live 8 is a great gps program. . . . . . . . couldn't do without it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinAppi View Post
    I use copilot live 8 and love it. I was using iGuidance 4.0. My Copilot Live 8 has the optional Live Traffic function which is really helpful. I'm waiting for the "Street Names" option to be available. Copilot Live 8 is a great gps program. . . . . . . . couldn't do without it.
    Are you able to use Copilot 8 with the built-in GPS on the Omnia2?

What do you mean about the street names option - does that mean street names do not show up in the product (yet)?

Copilot Live 8 works with the Omnia II and it's GPS . . . . I use Copilot on my Omnia II every day. The street name option should be available soon (thats what they tell me). . . it's supposed to announce the street name for the next turn. It of course displays all street names on the screen.