+ Reply to Thread
    Hobby of the week-aholic

Ringtone file placement

Is there a way to direct WM to look to the storage card for ringtones?
    Or is the windows/rings folder the only place you can put them?

I've found myself setting up a lot of custom ringers (24) for different people and it's eating up about 6M of space. Voice announce butchers name pronunciation to the point that I sometimes can't even tell what it said so I recorded my own voice saying "call from John Smith" with some background music to continue after my voice and saved as mp3's.

If it is possible to save them to the storage card, how bad would the ring delay be while WM looks for the file to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Vitticeps View Post
    Is there a way to direct WM to look to the storage card for ringtones?
    Or is the windows/rings folder the only place you can put them?

I've found myself setting up a lot of custom ringers (24) for different people and it's eating up about 6M of space. Voice announce butchers name pronunciation to the point that I sometimes can't even tell what it said so I recorded my own voice saying "call from John Smith" with some background music to continue after my voice and saved as mp3's.

If it is possible to save them to the storage card, how bad would the ring delay be while WM looks for the file to play?
    It can be done, but there have been several posts about severe ring delays when ringtones are on the storage card.

Hobby of the week-aholic
    I was afraid of that. I guess I'll go back and re-encode the files at a lower bitrate. Sound quality can't be that much different on the internal speaker anyway. I'll play with it and see how low I can go before noticable sound quality differences set in. Currently they're all at 96k.

Clever idea on the ringtones though.