+ Reply to Thread

This phoene has soooo many problems!!

So ONCE AGAIN Picsel browser won't load, my phone won't play a ringtone, and we stll have the nagging bluetooth, issue I love the phone but all these problems a ****ing pissing me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom
    Last edited by tange1; 01-09-2008 at 06:58 PM.

insurance?

Hmmm

Ive loaded no less then 40 progs on my 760 and no issues at all. The bluetooth is the best Ive ever had. Its clear around server rooms with no static. It reconnects after shutting down at night and charging. Not sure what your doing wrong.

So you got a lemon. Drop it, stomp on it, roll your car over it, then get an insurance replacement. As the others on this post, I haven't had any of the problems that you stated. Better yet, if you want... you could just go buy another phone. This is the land of the free.

Stoney

Call verizon and troublshoot with them for a couple minutes. If they can't fix it they will send you a repalcement .. I'm sure you've had it less than a year, right?

You guys, I had the SAME problems with another phone, now this one is doing the same thing. So it is something phone entricand I reallydon't feel like doing hard resets all the time to fix bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglow99 View Post
    You guys, I had the SAME problems with another phone, now this one is doing the same thing. So it is something phone entricand I reallydon't feel like doing hard resets all the time to fix bugs.
    The phone/OS itself is pretty darn stable. If you've replaced your phone at had the same problems you need to stop and consider what software your adding to your phone. 95% of all problems on windows mobile phones is related to what software you've installed, what order you've installed them (IE in place upgrades), how you've configured apps and how apps play w/ eachother when multiple apps are installed.

Hard reset, use the phone for a day to get a feel for how it acts/responds.
    Install only one app, use the phone, see how it acts for a day.
    Install one more app, use the phone, see how it acts.
    Repeat this untill you find what combo of apps or what app causes stability to be lost.

Let us know how it works out.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

Sounds like user error to me.
    When the phone came out of the box did picsel browser load? Did ringtones play? If so then something you did to it casued the problems.. can't blame the phone..

I don't know what the bluetooth issue is.. bluetooth works fine for me.

tange1's advice is the correct solution. I'd add one other step. Your 1st addon app should be Sprite backup. Then, after EVERY step, do a backup. This way, if the device bricks or malfunctions, you not only can point to the offending app, but you can also restore to the point just before it was installed.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
    tange1's advice is the correct solution. I'd add one other step. Your 1st addon app should be Sprite backup. Then, after EVERY step, do a backup. This way, if the device bricks or malfunctions, you not only can point to the offending app, but you can also restore to the point just before it was installed.
    Good Point.

Tom

My BT works almost perfectly. Much better than on the Treo 700WX.

I have mixed thoughts on this. Sprite backup can screw up the device too. It's not a perfect solution. If something isn't right after a restore, give up and start over.
    Thanks

I know that YMMV when it comes to backup software. I wasn't making an endorsement as much as suggesting a good way of doing business.

I know that YMMV when it comes to backup software. I wasn't making an endorsement as much as suggesting a good way of doing business.
    Yup, not trying to call you out. Just trying to present the other side.
    Thanks

Hobby of the week-aholic
    Too many people think of smartphones as phones. They do in fact have the capacity to act as a phone. But first and foremost they are small computers.

How many times has your computer locked up or crashed. Do you blame the computer it's self? Or do you blame the software?

You can't blame the hardware for doing what it's told by the software.

I don't think that you can logically support the conclusion that the problems you're experiencing are phone centric. After all, there may be other factors that are consistent in this scenario, including the software load and configuration you're using.

I'm not saying that the phone has no issues (it does!), but what you're describing doesn't sound at all typical, so I have to wonder if something else is going on.

I'd definitely go with the recommendation for the incremental software load/test... I'm betting that you'll find your culprit that way!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Dzanda; 01-09-2008 at 10:22 PM.

Climbs cell towers
    Just to chime in: Sensitivity to software loading can even vary by manufacturing run of specific models. We saw this with a number of HTC devices. Having run a pretty full gamut of different PDAphones, and also have scaled up the Wisbar Desktop mountain and, oh tried about a gazillion different pieces of software, I now GO SLOW when I have a new phone, and mostly follow the above prescriptions for incremental loads and backups.

-Richard
    I'm at Dr. Johnson's office for a dental appointment.