Closed Thread

Incoming call ring question(low then loud ring?)

i replaced my very dissapointing Moto Q9m(without paying extra for the orignial $300 i payed for the Q9m ona 1 yr contract) for a much more familiar i760, 3 years on a WM PPC going down to a smartphone... what was i thinking, anyway my question is about the Incoming call ring volume: Is it normal or is anyone else noticing that when there is an incoming call the phone rings on a LOW volume for 2 seconds then sudden shoots up to the volume you actually set it, if this is a problem anyone know how to remedy it?

i also would like to ask if its normal when you set the LCD shut off for power saving it only dims and when the phone is in poweroff/sleep mode the only was to wake the phone is to press the power button or slide the KB out so even pressing the Action/D-Pad and numpad have no effect to wake up the phone

thanx in advanced or the replies
    Last edited by xtian63; 01-09-2008 at 04:27 AM.

Yes, that's how the ringer works. Don't think anyone found a workaround.

Also, take a look through:
    Question about ring volume starting low

I see the power button as the ultimate unsecure lock. Operates just like you said. Just press it to make sure when it's in your pocket or whatever that it doesn't do stuff, but it quickly comes alive with another power button push without needed (unless you want it to) an unlock code. Of course, if you want that, there's the lock functionality which is a separate feature.

Anyway, I think your's is operating just as expected.

I found that setting the ringer to "increasing ring" resolved the problem. The increasing doesn't seem to increase all that much, so it gives me time to answer the phone before it goes to full blast.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioGuy View Post
    Yes, that's how the ringer works. Don't think anyone found a workaround.

Also, take a look through:
    Question about ring volume starting low

I see the power button as the ultimate unsecure lock. Operates just like you said. Just press it to make sure when it's in your pocket or whatever that it doesn't do stuff, but it quickly comes alive with another power button push without needed (unless you want it to) an unlock code. Of course, if you want that, there's the lock functionality which is a separate feature.

Anyway, I think your's is operating just as expected.

Lets continue the discussion in the thread linked above. Thanks!
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com