+ Reply to Thread

Windows Live Search (WLS) versions?

How can I tell if I have the latest version of WLS? There is nothing referenced on the wls site that I can find that tells the current version info.

I have v 2.5.2908.31943 of WLS.
    Last edited by speedlever; 01-09-2008 at 12:44 PM. Reason: clarify title

WLS? Maybe I'm not quite awake but it doesn't ring a bell. Could you kindly tell us what the acronym is short for?
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

If you do not have the current version, if you hit the right softkey you will have the option for a update.

Quote Originally Posted by tange1 View Post
    WLS? Maybe I'm not quite awake but it doesn't ring a bell. Could you kindly tell us what the acronym is short for?
    Windows Live Search.

Sorry 'bout that. I thought WLS was known by all (if it was known by me).

Right softkey... interesting. So if it (client software update) is greyed out, I have the latest version.

I thought maybe I had an older version because I seem to recall someone saying something about some information on the nav screen that I don't recall seeing. Thought I'd check the site.. but no joy locating a rev number to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
    Sorry 'bout that. I thought WLS was known by all (if it was known by me).

Right softkey... interesting. So if it (client software update) is greyed out, I have the latest version.

I thought maybe I had an older version because I seem to recall someone saying something about some information on the nav screen that I don't recall seeing. Thought I'd check the site.. but no joy locating a rev number to compare.

Yessir. Now there could be a new beta type of software that is out there. But the client update is only for official versions that came out.

I know i am but what are you?
    I did the Right Soft Key, and hit the ABOUT button.
    i have version 2.5.2859.37360

I did the update and now the Update is greyed out.

I'm now at version 2.5.2908.31943
    so, Two things, 1) Thanks for informing me of the update, and 2) i guess we are now current.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    I did the Right Soft Key, and hit the ABOUT button.
    i have version 2.5.2859.37360

I did the update and now the Update is greyed out.

I'm now at version 2.5.2908.31943
    so, Two things, 1) Thanks for informing me of the update, and 2) i guess we are now current.

Not a problem at all.

Live Search 3.0 for Windows Mobile Released

FYI, Live Search 3.0 for Windows Mobile has been released. Although I have downloaded it, I have not yet installed it yet. To get it, on your i760, go to Untitled Page. You then can download and install Live Search directly to your i760.

Also, according to PocketNow, if you have Google Maps already installed, you should remove Google Maps before installing Live Search and then re-install Google Maps. Otherwise, if you install Live Search after installing Google Maps, the "Show on Map" command might not appear in the contacts application.

Please post your comments, questions, reviews, etc., regarding Live Search 3.0 in this thread.

Regards,
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Thanks. Just downloaded. It has a few new icons, including one for "weather," "web" (not sure what that does), and "collections." Collections seems to have a location based component for various things, Wikipedia, Flickr, BBC World News, Upcoming Events, Home sales and for sale. Not sure how useful these will be.

The rest initially looks pretty much the same, but will need more time. I use WLS pretty regularly and think it is a great app. Voice recognition even works very well. Only problem is sometimes I will get a lockup, especially when too much else is open - maybe new version will be improved on this front.