+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TCPMP stalling

TCPMP stalling

I have tcpmp running and it pauses every so often. Kinda annoying. Can someone that has it running smoothly post your settings as well as what video driver you're using?

Thanks,
    Johnny V.

Happens to me too. I haven't figured it out yet. I tried increasing the buffer to I think 4000 kb and then 5 and video to Raw Frame Buffer. Thought it helped for awhile, but still seem to have the same problem.

The instructions on ytpocket say to decrease the buffer if you encounter pauses in the video, I have mine down to about 400 now but it still pauses every once in a while.

put it to 512 and it seems better. Using GDI for video driver.

jv

I think it has something to do with our memory cards and when we run videos off of it. I had similiar problems with my treo but when i upgraded to a high speed memory card, it was gone...not sure if there are high speed micro sd cards...

Does anyone have an answer to this??

I have a turbo AData 4GB card using hack and videos that play on my q just fine stutter routinely with the i760 - which is supp to be faster.

is there anything that will make this work smooth as silk like the q - this is a deal-breaker for me...

ive tried all the diff settings, buffer, vid driver, etc - and like i said played beautifully on the q...

seems like a lot of people are having the problem - does ANYONE have the answers -

is there anyone experiencing the problem that has a normal 2gb micro so i can rule that out before i go buy one or vice versa...

thank you!

im running it off a normal 2gb micro and still have that problem, its annoying as all hell, never had this problem when running it off a normal sd card on my 700p, it sucks!

well - thank you very much - i was gonna buy one and try it bc i would like to use the phone buy no way - its funny bc it plays my flac files fine - the q would bomb out on that, but the q played my vids beautifully and thats a huge feature for me so the i760 will bite the dust -

does anyone understand why? isnt it a much faster processor than the q?

i wonder if its wm6 bloatware issue...as my q is the original (actually a preproduction model!) and is wm5

thx

Does anyway know if using coreplayer instead of tcpmp will fix the stuttering issue?

i would really like to know before i spend the money or send the device into the wasteland and return to the q....

or if anyone has a workaround....

thank you