+ Reply to Thread

Comments for an interested but skeptical former 730 user?

Hi all.

And dagnabbit, I had just written a description of my former i730 experiences and current phone state... and something happened where my browser refreshed, took me to a different thread, and my whole thing disappeared.

And I don't want to type it all again -- you probably didn't need that much detail anyway!

So let me try to cut to the chase: Had 2 i730s, would have really loved them if I hadn't disliked them so much! Main gripe was instability. My work requires that I have a reliable phone... I just can NOT miss calls because I didn't notice my phone was locked up. And I also don't want to have to constantly check on it... is it working? is it working??

Another problem was that side buttons would get depressed if I pocketed the phone (which I often do).

I've read through some reviews here, through the "gripe" thread, and various others... and I am starting to think maybe the things that troubled me with the 730 are worked out in the 760. Or maybe I am simply hoping that!

Because I have recently been using a Pantech pn780... great PHONE, but I miss the PDA/PPC functionality. And now mine took an immersion, so I am considering replacement options.

Any thoughts/comments/reviews would be welcomed.

Oh -- and, has superdave gone for the 760?

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    The button press has been fixed.

If you had a smart phone before and liked it then try looking at the xv5800.

I like my i760 but I am ready for something that is at least higher than2006 technology.

I am looking forward to seeing what the next gen iPhone brings to the table.

I went from an i730 (upgraded from WM 2003 to WM 5) to an i760 (with the standard WM 6). It has made all the difference. No more missed calls. Very few if any lockups. I only have to soft reset maybe once a week instead of several times a day. The phantom ring at midnight is gone, so the new phone charges in the bedroom instead of downstairs. I have a few gripes, but I would say the 760 is ten times better, at least for me.

Thanks for the input.

Mark, I am curious:
    I like my i760 but I am ready for something that is at least higher than2006 technology.

As I can't stay fully on top of the evolving technology or coming features, I am wondering what current technology is lacking in the 760? tanx