+ Reply to Thread

S2U2 .97 and S2V .01 - Slide Lock and Picture Viewer

These two programs were just updated on XDA-DEVELOPERS.COM. The S2U2 is the sliding lock program that everyone is talking about. It is fully customizable now with GIF abilities.

Just released today is another piece of software called S2V it is a sliding picture viewer that gives you the ability to choose which folder you want your pictures to be seen from. For a first piece of software it is absolutely amazing and is extremely small for those memory worried hounds.

Try them out. Just extract the .rar and run the cab files.

S2V has the ability if you like a picture on your phone to automatically set it to S2U2 also!!!
    Attached Files

huh??? gif abilities have been in s2u2 since around christmas time

Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    huh??? gif abilities have been in s2u2 since around christmas time
    I think he was merely stating that .gif capabilities are in the program now (added recently) for those people that might've missed it.

Also, it should be noted that you have to install S2U2 .97 for the S2V program to work. If you don't have .97 installed first, it will say something to the effect that it is not made for ppc devices. Once you install .97 it'll work fine though

I tried out S2V, it is pretty cool, but nothing to write home about right now. I'm sure he will add more options and customization in the future. He is a great developer. Give it a try and let all of us know what you think

Is there a way to make Slide2Unlock turn on when you hit the power button and turn off after you unlock your phone? Its a bit of a ram hog, but I've found a need for wanting such a program now that I've noticed I seem to bump my power button more than I really notice.

Edit: Wow, my previous copy must have been way out of date because this version closes and starts up automatically. Nice!
    Last edited by vaxick; 01-11-2008 at 01:17 AM.

has anyone else noticed that when you put the phone into landscape mode, s2u2 blacks out the screen and wont work properly until you reclose ilock?
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

Quote Originally Posted by pillagingjack View Post
    has anyone else noticed that when you put the phone into landscape mode, s2u2 blacks out the screen and wont work properly until you reclose ilock?
    Hm.. that must be an issue with your setup, I haven't had that problem at all. Maybe try reinstalling S2U2? Or maybe it's an issue with your landscape wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by pillagingjack View Post
    Confirmed with my i760 as well. If I do anything in landscape mode (like opening the keyboard & closing), even once going back to portrait - if the lock engages, there is only the black screen. It still "reads" the swipe, so I was able to get back (also D pad, hold right works too).

If I just go into the settings and re-save what is there, then it works again.

But, anyway, very cool stuff!

it very well could be my setup...the wallpaper is the basic one that came with it. It wouldnt' be the wallpaper though because when I change it back to portrait mode, it still stays black... however I have been doing a lot of xml editing and stuff with rltoday...so it could be effecting it. the strange thing is I finally rolled back to an older version of s2u2 and it works perfectly!!
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

Just installed s2u2 .97 and no problems so far. 1 things I did notice was a slight increase in speed. Also, a tip for you guys, if you use the default all black wallpaper s2u2 seems to respond faster. espically when you are going from portrait to landscape and vice versa.

I know it is necessary to have the function but I don't think I have ever unlocked my phone in landscape mode.

I usually only use landscape mode when I need to text message someone or use IE.

I'm not trying to be a negative nelly, but could somebody tell me the advantage of using S2U? I mean, I already have to hit the power button on top to turn the device on, because it is already in a "locked" state. What purpose does the 2nd unlock serve?

Now if tapping on the touch screen woke the phone up, then yeah, I could see a reason to use it.

I guess the only advantage to S2U2 is that if you receive a phone call or an alarm and you have your phone set to wake up on these functions it will still stay locked in your pocket.

I really like the fact that it has Caller ID built in, and will tell me my missed calls, SMS, MMS, Voicemail and Email amounts without turning on the phone.

The biggest advantage to S2U2 is the cosmetic look it gives to your screen. I do agree, I never had any issues with the phone turning on in my pocket and accidently calling someone but others have.

Its just a cool UI I guess.

I would have used s2u but it dosen't work with the hardware shortcut for locking the phone (holding * key), at least this was true with the version i tried when the i760 came out.

This doesn't lend itself well to my intended workflow.

i'd give it a shot if it changed this one thing.

-R

Quote Originally Posted by Dorf View Post
    I'm not trying to be a negative nelly, but could somebody tell me the advantage of using S2U? I mean, I already have to hit the power button on top to turn the device on, because it is already in a "locked" state. What purpose does the 2nd unlock serve?

Now if tapping on the touch screen woke the phone up, then yeah, I could see a reason to use it.
    because it gives you all the info of the today screen without having the phone be unlocked.

Next appointment, alarms, missed calls, missed notifications are all still visible. Plus some people don't use the power key to lock their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by forsakenredog View Post
    I would have used s2u but it dosen't work with the hardware shortcut for locking the phone (holding * key), at least this was true with the version i tried when the i760 came out.

This doesn't lend itself well to my intended workflow.

i'd give it a shot if it changed this one thing.

-R
    I don't believe it does even in recent versions, but I just have it set to the key press of holding the windows key....if it is just a matter of having a quick keying option to start the application

Has anyone had to uninstall this version because the programs stops responding when waking the phone up? I just did a reinstall to see if this fixes my issue.

A newer version of both software came out a few days ago.... S2U2 is .98 and S2V is .2 ... They are working fine on my device.

check xda-developers - Xda-developers for the latest updates. Should be under hacking and development section.

.98 fixes the black screen issue.........

http://ac.xenpage.eu/S2U2-0.98-WM5.rar

how do I get it to work with in the phone itself.