+ Reply to Thread

Iguidance vs. /TomTom

I've been following the discussion here regarding the best GPS software and have heard both these products mentioned, but donj't remember anyone who has experienced both commenting on what they felt delivered the most value for the buck. Iguidance appears to be in the $100 range; Tom Tom about $150. They both do voice turn by turn directions. Is there anything else I should consider before spending the extra 50 bucks. Last weekend I took my first road trip with the i760 using WLS and Google Maps. Worked great!!! Do I even need to get GPS software with maps local to the phone. How often to you think I'd be out of range of the Verizon BB network?

There is a free GPS program with voice guidance called Nav4all. I haven't tried it personally. I don't know how it compares to your requested choices, but the price is right.

Worldwide Mobile Phone Navigation and Tracking & Tracing - Nav4All

Edit: One caveat: this program requires internet access in order to work. I did not realize this until I tried to install and run it. I had an installation problem and ended up deleting it as I would like a GPS program that does NOT require internet access in order to work.
    Last edited by speedlever; 01-11-2008 at 07:42 AM. Reason: clarification

A quick post, apologize ahead for not a lot of detail, but I've used all 3, (Google, TomTom & Iguidance) and prefer the simplicity of Iguidance above all others. Iguidance will announce turns, but Google Maps works for free as you indicated. I also like POI searches on Iguidance better than Google (crazy I know) and MUCH better than TomTom. Iguidance is a better product i think, but with a bit less polish than TomTom...but Iguidance is much more inuitive, at least in my experience....

You might want to try this thread where this topic has been talked about at length...

What GPS software do you recommend?
    CurtisZZZ

Quick question about iGuidance... this site says the program needs 23-25 mb initially, then 3-5 mb after first launch.

My i760 says I have 21.2 mb free under storage and 31.53 mb free under programs.

Which memory is iGuidance referring to? I wonder if I could even load it with my current apps.

Another vote for iguidance. routing on iguidance is thousand times better than tomtom. map data is more accurate. only thing tomtom is better for would be choice of voices and better looking map display. don't waste your money on tomtom.