+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-08-2007
    Posts
    39

    2.5mm jack - 3.5mm headphones

    I have Creative Labs HN-505 Collapsible Noise-Canceling Headphones which is 3.5mm. As we all know, the i760 has a 2.5mm jack. Is there an adapter that will work so I can use these two items together on a flight?

    Thanks,
    Robin


    ETA -

    I've seen devices for this, but they all have 2 rings/bands on the post, not 3.
    like this:

    When I tried a 2.5mm headset with only 2 rings, I only got sound on one side.
    Last edited by Robin12265; 01-11-2008 at 06:05 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-02-2004
    Posts
    220
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-08-2007
    Posts
    39
    Thanks - That link gave me some more ideas to search for and I found one made by Samsung. With THAT info, I then found one for an even better price ($1.99!) on Amazon.

    Once I get it, I'll post again to verify it does (or does not) work.

    Thanks for giving me something (additional search terms) to help dig with! It is appreciated!

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-06-2008
    Posts
    62
    I got 3 of what look like the one in the picture on ebay for like $8 shipped from Hong Kong. Didn't work with the LG vx8300 I had at the time but they seem to work with the i760!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-26-2007
    Posts
    52
    these are probably available in radioshack right?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-02-2004
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
    these are probably available in radioshack right?
    The ones from Radio Shack don't work. The Samsung jack is proprietary. Notice the 3 rings on the plug.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-26-2007
    Posts
    52
    wow i am unbelievably upset right now, thanks for the heads up though, i would have bought one and felt like an idiot

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-16-2005
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    51
    my Radio Shack one works....

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-26-2007
    Posts
    52
    hey jeffrey, any chance you could post either the model or brand
    / possibly a pic, trying to pic one up before i leave for a trip

    is it actually radioshack branded?

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-17-2007
    Posts
    43
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=30560
    buy this at verizon... i got mine from a verizon store in the mall. Its a little larger than i hoped for. its $12.99



    the radioshack one didn't work for me...forgot the exact model number.
    Last edited by nycdoc22; 01-13-2008 at 08:40 PM.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-18-2007
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdoc22 View Post
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=30560
    buy this at verizon... i got mine from a verizon store in the mall. Its a little larger than i hoped for. its $12.99



    the radioshack one didn't work for me...forgot the exact model number.
    Radio shack has two different ones. Just get the one with the extra ring.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-13-2008
    Posts
    2
    yeah two rings are for the left and right channels and the third is for the mic input...

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-16-2005
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
    hey jeffrey, any chance you could post either the model or brand
    / possibly a pic, trying to pic one up before i leave for a trip

    is it actually radioshack branded?
    Sorry... I'm not sure which model # it is. I think it was around $10. It's a short pigtail. In my experience, these adapters are always a bit finicky - sometimes, you have to push them in tight or twist them to get a solid connection. This one gives a pretty solid connection. Just go there and ask...

    Good luck!

    Jeff

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-08-2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin12265 View Post
    Thanks - That link gave me some more ideas to search for and I found one made by Samsung. With THAT info, I then found one for an even better price ($1.99!) on Amazon.

    Once I get it, I'll post again to verify it does (or does not) work.

    Thanks for giving me something (additional search terms) to help dig with! It is appreciated!
    For the amazon one: you can also buy the product direct from Amazon for $3.99. This is more per unit; however, it qualifies for the free shipping for orders over $25 dollars so if you are purchasing with another item to meet the limit, it will be cheaper overall.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-11-2006
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    325
    I bought a radio shack one yesterday as well and it works perfectly. It was 10.99 plus tax.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-02-2007
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
    I bought a radio shack one yesterday as well and it works perfectly. It was 10.99 plus tax.
    Do you have a part number available?

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-11-2006
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    325
    the part number is 274-004 and it is a 3/32 to 1/8 adapter.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-08-2007
    Posts
    39
    I received the white one from Amazon.com in the mail yesterday - so 7 days from order to in hand and under $10. I tested it this morning and it worked perfectly. Stereo sound - both sides active.

    Much easier for me than seeking out a store and having to deal with my 3 year old while shopping! LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts