+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Luser

Wow! The price really went ay!

I remember reading the price watch thread when this thing first came out and it seemed everyone was getting these great deals. I was in the local Verizon store to pick we some headphones earlier today and asked about the price.

the best she could do was $450: less my NE2 discount which is now only a $50 rebate. I could have sworn it used to be $100 on the spot discount. Needless to say, I'm sticking with my i730 for quite a while longer. By the time I add a holster, cradle, extra charger, and car kit, this thing is would cost me almost $600.

Has anyone else here bought one recently and gotten a decent price?

all the discounts were online. they didn't even sell them in the stores. there was a $100 online discount, then a $100 data plan discount (for the $45 unlimited plan, plus the NE2 ($50 or $100 depending on your plan), and then the $50 rebate which brought the price down to a decent price. Verizon got smart after a while and stopped letting people combine all the discounts. I was finally able to get the online and data discounts together plus my ne2 (50) and the mail in rebate only after much arguing and threatening and about 5 different people, one lady finally had to enter it all manually and i got them all.

We got mine at the store - got $100 NE2 discount, $100 data plan discount and $50 rebate. That was early November.

DH just exchanged his Treo 700wx for an i760 (kept locking up etc -- props to Verizon for exchanging outside the 30 days!) and on the receipt it said the price was $649! (thank heavens the total said $0 for us! LOL)

Verizon is full of morons. Figure out what you'd like to pay and just keep at it.

I had an LG 8600 that kept going haywire. After many returns they allowed me to get an LG 8700. I told them that I don't want it. I wanted to pay the price difference between that phone and the i760. It took MANY phone calls, but they did it. The price difference ended up being about $140. They credited me $20 for the time I spent on the phone TRYING to get the i760. Then they credited me $100 for taking the data plan (meanwhile, the contract on my air card ran out, so using the i760 as a tethered modem saved me $15/mo overall). Then there was a $50 mail in rebate.

Grand total... They paid me $20 to take this phone!

I'm sorry to brag. I was just trying to say that these deals are out there if you try hard enough. Verizon is raping us on every single thing that they can. Their customer service is beyond poor. If they treat us like sh#t we should do the same back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwheels View Post
    Figure out what you'd like to pay and just keep at it.
    i second that thought - I paid $50 for mine. the variation in prices paid for this phone astonishes me. consistent experiences has always been the buzzword of any large retail company.

$149 for i760 after threats - Verizon

I had the i730 and my battery was dying. I called customer service (611) before the holidays and some very nice gal, said the i760 would be $149 with all my NE2 and $100 Advanced device discount. I asked if I could get the same deal in the stores, and she said yes. So, I checked several stores over the next week - and none had it in stock. So, after Christmas, I called back to customer service to order it by phone. The lady said the price was $249 after the all my NE2 credits, discounts and rebates. I argued unsuccessfully that I had been quoted $149, but she did not give in (after really ragging on Verizon for a couple of minutes about their poor customer service and threatened to leave.) The person must have noted my "unhappiness" in my account. I waited until the next day, and called back and asked for someone in the "customer loyalty" department. Af first, the lady wanted to handle the call, but I insisted to be transfered. I don't know where I was sent, but a "more senior" person took the call. It took about two minutes to retell my story and ask that they honor the $149 price - which she did (after telling me I would not get the additional $50 mail-in rebate. The phone arrived by fedex the next day. Good luck! FYI: my 2 yr contract expired in November, so my threats were real.

I paid 250, I thought that was fair.
    I started with a Psion Organizer in 1987!

I've been a "free" agent for 6 months or so. I called verizon and asked if they had any incentives for me to sign on for 1 year and they did. It's $80 dollars and it does not remove your new every two. But you must agree to it before you get the phone.

So:

449 msrp
    -100 NE2
    -100 Advance Device Credit for signing up for unlimited data
    -80 1 year sign on for verizon (Do before getting phone, if you're not under contract)
    -50 mail in rebate

Total $119

If you can live without unlimited data, you can cancel the unlimited data plan the day you activate the phone and not lose the 100 dollars. I called verizon and asked them what the terms and agreements are for the advance device credit and they said they didn't have any, thus a nice loophole.

I got mine at the verizon store because they were out of stock online at the time. My total price was $300, without NE2 discount. I didn't even have to ask about anything. It was $450, they gave me an instant $100 discount + $50 mail-in rebate which I just got back this week. I got mine mid-december.

Quote Originally Posted by toddman View Post
    If you can live without unlimited data, you can cancel the unlimited data plan the day you activate the phone and not lose the 100 dollars. I called verizon and asked them what the terms and agreements are for the advance device credit and they said they didn't have any, thus a nice loophole.
    I was specifically told that i had to keep the unlimited data plan for a minimum of 6 months, otherwise i would be charged for the $100 discount. Verizon definitely needs to be more consistent

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar11735 View Post
    I was specifically told that i had to keep the unlimited data plan for a minimum of 6 months, otherwise i would be charged for the $100 discount. Verizon definitely needs to be more consistent
    I was surprised to hear this too. When I initially called verizon I asked what the terms were for the advance device credit, they put me on hold for like 5 minutes and then came back with "uh, we don't have anything on it" so I asked if I could cancel the data plan once I activate the phone, and the sales person said yes.

Big corporations always have consistent knowledge issues so I asked the rep to put their answer under my account as a note that I can cancel it anytime.

She did, so when I called back after I got my phone I talked to a completely new person, he was able to look at my account and the note trumped whatever he thought was the terms.

But your are correct, you can talk to 10 different people and you'll get 10 different answers.

cYGONE
    i bought mine at best buy. they were selling it for $299. on nov 25th. so i went to another best buy and the rep there said she would take off $50.00, knocking the price down to $250.00. then a couple of weeks later, their circular priced it at $149.00 for some reason. when i went back with the receipt, they credited me $110.00. i don't know what the 10 bucks was for. i later found a $50.00 rebate for buyers of the phone between oct 26 to nov 26. so i applied for that and found to be eligible for that. so my final price was $89.00. i don't know if i can get anymore off than that but i am still looking.

Quote Originally Posted by joshrys View Post
    all the discounts were online. they didn't even sell them in the stores. there was a $100 online discount, then a $100 data plan discount (for the $45 unlimited plan, plus the NE2 ($50 or $100 depending on your plan), and then the $50 rebate which brought the price down to a decent price. Verizon got smart after a while and stopped letting people combine all the discounts. I was finally able to get the online and data discounts together plus my ne2 (50) and the mail in rebate only after much arguing and threatening and about 5 different people, one lady finally had to enter it all manually and i got them all.
    I'm a supervisor for Sprint Customer Care no offense bruh, but spoiled people like you make my job hell!!! I just have to ask..........WHY would you go through all of that just to get a phone at the price you want it for?

I also work as a tech for VZW, and honestly that phone after the discounts is not a bad price at all. the best deal you'd be able to get is if you have a corporate discount available for different phone pricing, minus your ne2, minus the advance device credit for the data plan and the rebate that phone really comes out to be a couple hundred bucks. and if you dont get a discount on your bill, stop at your local vzw store and have a rep check your company to see if you qualify for any type of discounts. youd be surprised what companies i see on that list for a discount...

Quote Originally Posted by ajmeier View Post
    I also work as a tech for VZW, and honestly that phone after the discounts is not a bad price at all. the best deal you'd be able to get is if you have a corporate discount available for different phone pricing, minus your ne2, minus the advance device credit for the data plan and the rebate that phone really comes out to be a couple hundred bucks. and if you dont get a discount on your bill, stop at your local vzw store and have a rep check your company to see if you qualify for any type of discounts. youd be surprised what companies i see on that list for a discount...
    Initially my corporate rep wouldn't let me combine my NE2 w/ my corporate discount. Do you know if this is normal? I eventually told her to give me the online price of X (which included NE2 and ADD) or I'd just order online. She gave me the price to keep the commission in her pocket.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

Registered Luser
    Quote Originally Posted by zvolanek View Post
    I had the i730 and my battery was dying. I called customer service (611) before the holidays and some very nice gal, said the i760 would be $149 with all my NE2 and $100 Advanced device discount. I asked if I could get the same deal in the stores, and she said yes.
    I also have a i730. I was told I couldn't have the AD discount because I already had an advanced device. I'm probably going to wait till my contract is up, try again, and threaten to go next door to the AT&T store (they're literally right next to each other).

Verizon's pricing is even screwier than airline pricing.

I ended up getting mine for free. I paid $219 with tax, but had to warranty out my phone twice in the first 45 days for defective screens. 3 weeks ago I was balancing my check book and went online to my bank account and there was a $219 credit from Verizon that had been sitting there for almost 2 weeks. I am going to use most of it to pay this months bill and go get myself a really good steak dinner! I figure after almost 6 weeks, the money is mine.