+ Reply to Thread

got my phone, quick question so i can play around

i just got my i760, i wanted to say thanks for everyone that helped me decide on it, i love that its pretty compact, more than i thought it would be

anyway, my dad didnt want me activating till the 15th just so the billing cycle is in the middle of the month,
    the quickstart guide stickied up top says i should activate then hard reset
    can i just hard reset and mess around with the device (load some contacts and what not) and activate later on the 15th?

thanks again

..........yep

yea i figured, no one responded so i assumed it was a dumb question, and i couldnt wait to mess around with it anyway

in retrospect i have had pda's before i guess hard resetting it wouldnt mess with the connec to verizon, my bad

No question is a dumb question. I added the "......" because each reply requires 10 or more characters, didn't mean to come off as mean =)

I know i am but what are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by botond View Post
    No question is a dumb question. I added the "......" because each reply requires 10 or more characters, didn't mean to come off as mean =)
    Thats funny,

you used a few extra ...'s though.

To the original, post, does the billing cycle really start on the day you activate the phone?

i mean this is what my dad told me...hes the one that opened the account so i figured i can wait for 2 days, plus im not calling anyone right now that i cant call on my house phone

i dunno, i think its just as dumb as most of you probably do, but he just doesnt want it on some arbitrary day

I don't think it makes any difference when you activate it as to when your billing cycle starts. I activated my Q on Nov 2, 2006 and my billing cycle didn't start until the 20th. Which is probably when your cycle will start whether you activate on the 15th or not. I suppose they have different cycle dates, I'm thinking on the 5th and the 20th. Your first bill just gets pro-rated on a partial cycle for the days previous to your first cycle that you activated for plus your first cycle.

I think that's how mine worked I can't exactly remember now. Been a while.

Hobby of the week-aholic
    the billing cycle will be on the date you activate if it is a new account. if its an existing account the date won't change. mine is the 13th so 5th and 20th are not the only options.

The only reason it's suggested to activate the phone first is when there are new ROM files to load on a device. In the days of the i730, if you didn't activate the phone before you upgraded to WM5 from WM2003, on some devices it wouldn't allow you to activate after the upgrade, thus making the device useless. So this simple step was added, more for future-proofing that document than anything else. It's there as a precaution...