+ Reply to Thread

Downloading Text Messages

Hi,

I was wondering if there was anyway to download the text messages through the usb cable so that i could save them on my computer. please let me know if anyone knows of a way to do this. thanks

Well, I believe all of the text messages are stored in the /Windows/Messaging folder, so you could just copy that folder.. but, I don't know how you would read the actual messages once you have them saved..

You can use sms Organizer:

smsOrganizer (WM6, WM5) on PocketGear.com.

It allows you to backup and export SMS messages. While copying the \Windows\Messaging folders does preserve the messages, it's not easy to restore them or to read through them with an external program.

I tried this program out (SMS Organizer) and found it a bit glitchy. So I uninstalled it. However, it left a folder called Hidden in my messages folder. It's not visible using the native messaging, but Pocket Breeze sees it. Anyone know how to get it out?

Anyone know where in the registry is the messaging folders?
    Jeremiah 29:11

bump...

any more information?

The SMS messages are stored in a database file on the device which isn't easy to just simply backup. You will need a 3rd party program to backup and restore them. There are a couple of program available, but most cost money. The smsOrganizer previously mentioned, which can also be found on the developers site is probably your best free option.

PocketPC, PDA, PPC Programs

I have used a program in the past which syncs the SMS messages to Outlook, called Jeyo Extender. It's $20 and can be found here and I found this VERY helpful. I don't SMS as much as I used to since switching to working for someone else so I have quit using the software. There is a 14 day trial for it too:

Jeyo, Inc. - Jeyo Mobile Extender

There just isn't any easy way to just "backup" the SMS store, you have to use a 3rd party product.

Mardroid

jeyo and message archiver

I've tried to contact the Jeyo support but I never get an answer. The forums there have been down for months. But I thought I'd try here.

I've tried both the Jeyo companion, which I like and the Mobile archiver which works with Outlook (which I hate ). But the one thing I do like about the Archiver is that it keeps the text messages in the order as the phone does, i.e. by conversation order. Jeyo companion does not, it keeps them by date. But I love all the features that Jeyo gives you. It even has instant message capabilities and it is a stand alone program.

Does anyone know how I can get the Jeyo program to list my text messages in conversation order instead of by date? Or do you know of any other programs for the samsung i760 with wm 6.1 that save text messages, etc on your phone.

thank you all

marilene
    Marilene