+ Reply to Thread

wisbar advance 3 issue

i downloaded the trial version of wisbar advance 3. after about 10 mins or so when i slide my phone open my screen glitches a little by the menu button and then wisbar closes itself. is this becasue its a trial or does this happen to anyone else? TIA

can't say i've had that experience, and i've been using wisebar since october

i was thinking maybe its because its a trial.

I was having a lot of problems with Wisbar Advance 3 and Wisbar Advance Desktop. I have purchased the programs but am not currently using them on the phone.

I have sent numerous amounts of questions in the forum section about the problems I am having and have not received any answers yet.

I love the idea of changing the look of the taskbar and the ability to make the desktops but with the problems I was having I have moved on until a newer and more stable version comes out.

There programs to allow some of the functions that WA3 have such as the cascading start menu, and close program functions.

Hopefully in the near future a newer version of WAD will come out and be able to work with the i760. Until then, I just wasted over $30.00

One of the big things you need to do before installing the software is turn off Microsoft Error Reporting...this will pop up every time you change a feature or add a theme if you don't.

Robert Tankersley
    Quote Originally Posted by ryncppr View Post
    I was having a lot of problems with Wisbar Advance 3 and Wisbar Advance Desktop. I have purchased the programs but am not currently using them on the phone.

I have sent numerous amounts of questions in the forum section about the problems I am having and have not received any answers yet.

I love the idea of changing the look of the taskbar and the ability to make the desktops but with the problems I was having I have moved on until a newer and more stable version comes out.

There programs to allow some of the functions that WA3 have such as the cascading start menu, and close program functions.

Hopefully in the near future a newer version of WAD will come out and be able to work with the i760. Until then, I just wasted over $30.00

One of the big things you need to do before installing the software is turn off Microsoft Error Reporting...this will pop up every time you change a feature or add a theme if you don't.

Just want to say I have WA3 (but not the WAD) and have no issues. Make sure you have the newest version.

What issues specifically are you having?

Robert
    Robert Tankersley CDP

i think i solved the problem. i uninstalled it then installed it on the phone instead of memory card. its been working fine since then

Robert Tankersley
    Quote Originally Posted by drzchulo1010 View Post
    i think i solved the problem. i uninstalled it then installed it on the phone instead of memory card. its been working fine since then
    I am glad you fixed your issues. It would still be good to know what issues ryncppr was referring to.
    Robert Tankersley CDP

WEll It seemed to be locking up the phone and causing unnecessary soft resets. I have not loaded the software for the past 3 days (re-did my phone) and have not had any problems.

I always install all my programs to the device and even was installing the themes to the device also. I will try it again now that my phone is working absolutly perfect....hopefully it will work properly.

I've also noticed it matters how programs are installed on the phone. For example installing software before each other. Trust me I have tried everything with this phone....we'll see.

I am currently running:

Phone Alarm
    Pocket Breeze
    iLauncher
    PocketWeather
    S2U2 .98
    S2V .2
    SKTools
    Resco Explorer/Registry
    Microsoft Live Search
    greatbal GCalc
    TCPMP
    Flash Bundle
    Kaidi 02 Atom HTC Comm Manager
    Pocket Informant 8
    Wirelesssync Client.

Amazingly I still have over 24mb free for programs!!!

Robert Tankersley
    Quote Originally Posted by ryncppr View Post
    WEll It seemed to be locking up the phone and causing unnecessary soft resets. I have not loaded the software for the past 3 days (re-did my phone) and have not had any problems.

I always install all my programs to the device and even was installing the themes to the device also. I will try it again now that my phone is working absolutly perfect....hopefully it will work properly.

I've also noticed it matters how programs are installed on the phone. For example installing software before each other. Trust me I have tried everything with this phone....we'll see.

I am currently running:

Phone Alarm
    Pocket Breeze
    iLauncher
    PocketWeather
    S2U2 .98
    S2V .2
    SKTools
    Resco Explorer/Registry
    Microsoft Live Search
    greatbal GCalc
    TCPMP
    Flash Bundle
    Kaidi 02 Atom HTC Comm Manager
    Pocket Informant 8
    Wirelesssync Client.

Amazingly I still have over 24mb free for programs!!!
    Do make sure you download the latest CAB before you install WA3.
    Robert Tankersley CDP

Ok I am positive Wisbar Advance 3 is causing my problems on my phone. I installed the latest cab file directly from the site, also tried the EXE install. Everything loads fine, and I am able to install a theme. I used Colorful Life.

When I install it, the phones performance goes down immediately. Not much, but enough where I can notice it!!!! So after installing the theme directly on the device, making sure it was not my SD card it loads fine.

This morning, I needed to do a soft reset...and wham!!!! The blue screen of death. I have had this screen before so I wasn't worried. I did another soft reset and this time the screen was solid green??? Well after another soft reset and able to load the phone in safe mode, I un-installed WA3.

The phone is running perfect now and no problems.

I have had PPC for over 4 years. This is the only time I have ever had such an issue with software. For some reason WA3 is not playing nicely with another piece of my software. Unfortunately, I am not willing to get rid of anything so WA3 is gone until the next update.

I am using Pocket Plus right now to close my applications which is working flawlessly. And no, Pocket Plus X Button feature was turned off before installing Wisbar Advance, so that was not the problem.