+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy CAB Files not opening.

I don't know what happened? All my Cab Files will not open. When i click on what is supposed to be a .cab file it give me this error :

"There is no application associated with "The Actual Program Name". Run the application first, then open this file form within the application."

I have done a hard reset and soft reset, and no luck.

cYGONE
    where, exactly, is the .cab file when you are trying to open it please?

Registered User/Squirrel Master sdittmar's Avatar
    You could try installing the cab installer application (or uninstall and reinstall it if you already have it on the phone). That should re-create it's association with cab files.
    If you didn't want to use the cab installer app, then not sure where in the registry the associations are kept nor what you would have to associate them with.
    The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

If you do a hard reset it should repair the CAB association. Are you sure you are doing a hard reset correctly? Are you sure your CAB files aren't corrupt? When you download a CAB from the web you just copy them directly to the device and then run, you don't run them from the computer, and you don't uncompress them on the PC. Also are you sure you are using the CAB installer and not a desktop installer?