+ Reply to Thread

Problems opening pdf directly from email

I had a 730 prior, and Picsel brower would instantly open downloaded pdfs directly from email. My phone doesn't recognize the pdf in email. A window pops up saying it cant id an app to open the file. The only way to open is save it to a folder, and open w/picsel browser. Verizon support duplicated the same probem and advised to talk to Samsung. Samsung's level 2 support was hands off on the problem. I have had inconsistent issues with some excel files not being able to be opened as well.

Has any one else had this problem. Advise? I haven't done a hard reset, and would like to avoid this as things are set up well now.

I have the same issue.

same here...it's a PITA to have always save the pdf to my SD card and then fire up Piscel, browse to file and then open.

I had the same issue and posted the same question. Go to the settings in picsel, select the files tab. check the pdf checkbox. If its checked, uncheck, exit, then go back and recheck. Mine works perfectly now and opens the pdf from the email without saving.

Quote Originally Posted by larryg View Post
    I had the same issue and posted the same question. Go to the settings in picsel, select the files tab. check the pdf checkbox. If its checked, uncheck, exit, then go back and recheck. Mine works perfectly now and opens the pdf from the email without saving.
    I am not able to unselect "PDF"?

sorry then. maybe try to uncheck/recheck anything else sort of just to possibly reset it. Otherwise, you got to wait for one of the prose in the forum to chime in. did you try calling the picsel people. I recall way back in the begining of the 730 days, I had to call them for something. Took a while, but they did get back to me.