+ Reply to Thread

Question "Memory Card Error" message (locked)

I had installed a program (ePocrates) onto my memory card and it was working fine, but I suddenly started getting the following error message, which makes the program unusable:

"Memory Card Error

Memory card locked.

Please unlock memory card and restart the application."

Any suggestions? I did not [intentionally, anyway] lock the card to begin with, and have no idea how to fix this.

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by shgmd View Post
    I had installed a program (ePocrates) onto my memory card and it was working fine, but I suddenly started getting the following error message, which makes the program unusable:

"Memory Card Error

Memory card locked.

Please unlock memory card and restart the application."

Any suggestions? I did not [intentionally, anyway] lock the card to begin with, and have no idea how to fix this.

Thanks for any help.
    As far as I know, MicroSD cards don't have lock switches on them, at least not like full SD cards did. You might try putting it in an SD card reader, copying the information off the card, formatting it, and then copy everything back.

Quote Originally Posted by mrailing View Post
    As far as I know, MicroSD cards don't have lock switches on them, at least not like full SD cards did. You might try putting it in an SD card reader, copying the information off the card, formatting it, and then copy everything back.
    Thanks, Michael

I had noticed that I had accidentally copied a program, "Celebrite" onto the card. When I deleted this program, the card was then read without any problems. Thanks, though, for your suggestions.

Steve

I think it may be the problem with installing epocrates on the card. it only seems to happen to me after leaving the epocrates running. I am not certain but the phone may not be reading the card after certain amount of inactivity producing the error. I noticed that the problem goes away when I switch memory location to main memory.

An alternative fix for memory card error

Hi Steve,

As an alternative to formatting the information off the card and copying it back to the card, you may want to try doing a complete re-install of Epocrates as a workaround. A few of our users with a similar error message had success deleting and reinstalling the application.

If you have any additional issues, please visit us at Epocrates® Support

If you prefer Live Chat, visit us at
    Epocrates® Support Live Chat

Please contact us, we’re happy to work through this with you!

- Epocrates
    Find answers more quickly and confidently at the point of care with the Epocrates® Online drug reference!