+ Reply to Thread

Need some 760 help

1.) The phone wakes and UNLOCKS when receiving a call. This is bad when its in its case or my pocket. If I move the phone the buttons start getting pushed. Can I have the screen stay off and the phone stay locked when it rings?

2.) The phone wakes and UNlocks when I get an email or text message as well as an alert from an event. Can I have it stay locked and the screen stay off during these events?

3.) Phonealarm wont take any of the ringer setting I input. Example I choose ringtone1 and it plays a little beep instead. Is there a way to fix this?

4.) MY BIGGEST problem is why is there 2 outlooks 1 for "Other Pop" and one empty outlook thats defaults to its empty inbox and I have to hunt for the "other" outlook. I only want one. I tried originally setting up the 1 outlook but it would not send/receive on its own so I set up account 2. Where are all the timers and prefs for these. I see some but most are missing. Would 15 minute recieve time drain my battery real quick?

In the future you will get MUCH more help, and probably quicker if when asking questions you ask them one at a time, and also checking with searching first, since I know that some of these questions have been asked.

1. By design the phone wakes and unlocks when it rings, it does this so you can hit the answer button to get the call. You can check with a search to see if you can find any more information on a full locking program, but in the past I haven't seen one.

2. Since you are using PhoneAlarm you can change a setting to NOT wake the screen. In the configuration options, go to the Alarms tab and check "Don't activate backlight on alarm.". This will keep it from activating. With the i760 the buttons are NOT active if the screen isn't on, so this will help with key presses.

3. Try resetting your PhoneAlarm profiles, or try loading a newer version of PhoneAlarm. I don't know how familiar you are with this program, but you MUST click EVERY option in setting it up to make it stable. Make sure you actually click on each one and make sure it is set correctly. By default when phoneAlarm is installed, it actually points to ringtones/tones that aren't named correctly, and when changing them you will get a correct tone, so make sure you go through each profile and make sure EVERY tone is set correctly.

4. This is something you created. In the messaging app you have whatever accounts you have setup, Inbox (which links to the inbox from ActiveSync), Txt messages, and MMS. From the "Inbox", or "Outlook E-Mail", click on Menu, click Tools, click "Options", and it will list your accounts, which you can click and hold on the account to delete one that you have created.

And yes 15 minutes will drain the battery. Take a look at some of the push options, like Wireless Sync, or set to a recommended minimum of 30 mins to an hour. Really this setting will depend on your usage and how many times you keep it plugged in. If you are always traveling and heavily use the phone, and can't keep it plugged in, then it will drain very fast at 15 mins. So play with this setting to see where you can set it with acceptable battery life.

If you put a PIN password on there, it will help somewhat. Sure if the phone rings in your pocket you can accidently answer it, but it won't actually leave your device unlocked.

Well problem number 3 seems to have fixed itself over time. It takes like 8 hours for a ringer to set. I will touch all the setting in PA to see if that solves this issue.

Problem number 2 and 4 are not fixed. The phone came with a default outlook. It cant be set to check for email every X minutes that I can see. I added an account to solve that and now I have two accounts. One inbox is used while syncing and the other is used while over the air is received. Its a real pain. I cant delete the outlook that came with the phone I tried. Its also missing features that are in the add account outlook. Not sure what Im doing wrong here?

The problem with the phone ulocking cant be fixed either. I emailed the guy who wrote PA and he sent me to a website and that fix doesnt work. The "dont wake on alert" does NOT work with my phone. Its supposed to have something to do with a check mark in sounds and notifications under reminders. He sent me a registry hack but its not working.

Jason Langridge's WebLog - MR Mobile! : Want to enable recurring audio notification of new emails

Repeat notifications for text and email messages at PocketpcTweaks.com

Can anyone tell me how to delete the OEM outlook so I can just use the added account outlook?

You can NOT remove the default Outlook. That is part of the device and used to sync when the device is cradled. It's part of the device.

Fixed the whole double inbox outlook snafu with Flexmail. I tied it to Phonealarm and all is good now.

3 down 1 to go.

If I could just get the phone to stay suspended while receiving an alert and call my life would be great. Im using s3u2 for now. The phone is still unlocked during a call.

Geessshhhhhhhhh

Only 6 days to set my phone. Must be a new worlds record. Lets see..... 6 x 10hrs = 60 hours invested. Just cost me $7500 dollars in my time to "tweak" my phone.
    Last edited by madmax200; 01-16-2008 at 12:50 AM.

hmmm $125/hr?

anyway, s2u2. set it to activate on wake up and when a text comes in, it will show a symbol, but will not unlock and also when a call comes in, it will still answer, but immediately reverts back to being locked....try it out and see if that helps?
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate