+ Reply to Thread

Can't Delete Email Address..

Hey Guys,

I was messing around trying to get my email to work on my new Samsung i760 hehe.. trying different settings and i attempted to get it to work as MMS but i dont think thats how im suppose to do it. Anyways. My email address shows up in the messaging window along with Text Messages and MMS. Now when i go to delete the Email Address it wont let me. I hit Menu then Delete and nothing happens. My email address is still there. I was able to delete it before but for some reason it wont let me this time. If anyone could let me know how i would go about doing this it would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

This is going to sound very obvious, but it sounds like you have a setting that is incorrect. Go back through all those settings that you were messing with from all the accounts, and see if you can remove it. You have added your address some place in the options... You don't need to have your e-mail listed any where in the return address fields, which might be where you set it. Your best best to get information on your work email is talk to your tech people about POP or IMAP or Exchange access. They should be able to give you the settings to check your mail from outside the system.

alrite thanks for the reply =) Good news is i got my email to work. yay. But that old MMS set at my email is still in my messaging and undeletable. Is there anyway i can delete this manually through explorer? Because it will not let me get rid of it through Menu > Delete

Thanks

I have the same challenge of not being able to delete an old email account. The account was set up properly however I can't seem to find a way of taking it off of my list of email accounts.

Any thoughts on how to delete an account?

When in doubt, write down your settings and hard reset, reload everything and set back up... I know it sucks, but I do it about every 29 days... And I can do it in about 20 mins from hard reset to full "default" config...

anyway to back up contacts?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG623 View Post
    anyway to back up contacts?
    1. Sync with the PC
    2. Load a backup software like Sprite Backup or SPB Backup
    3. Sync with Wireless Sync

Those would be one of the quickest ways.