+ Reply to Thread

Forcing 1x mode???

I've searched and searched and maybe I'm just blind. BUT, have we found a way to force the phone into 1x mode during data transmission rather than having it pop up to evdo when ev is available?
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

This has come up before, and I gotta ask why, as in the past, the reasoning behind it has been rather interesting?

it seems as though google maps will be able to use location status when in 1x mode...I was in my walking around when I heard that rumor and was looking for a spot that would drop the reception to 1x. When I found a spot..google maps did start doing something, but then it jumped back to evdo and did not work!!!!
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

The rationale I've heard is for people who live an area without EVDO, forcing the phone to 1X will actually help the battery as it prevents the phone for hunting for the EVDO connection.

anyone please?

uuggghh...okay, so dont think any less of me...but I was sitting in church and I noticed that my phone can ONLY get a 1x signal in there...so being ambitious, i tried google maps AND......my battery died!!! uggghhhh

Nate

go to church and try it again with full charge or with the an extra battery?

unfortunately, I move tomorrow afternoon, so I will never be seeing that church again..alas, Ill have to find some deep dark basement to experiment in..I am going to be living in a dorm, so that should do the trick..i should have an answer sometime this weekend...even still, we would have to find a way to force the phone into 1x only.

Nate

anyone else find this kinda funny? we've been waiting in some areas to finally recieve decent EVDO coverage and now we're dying to find a place where we cant get it lol. you should come to maine. we got plenty of places you can only get 1x.

in my travels though 1x land today i'll try the gmaps thing and see what happens.

I have a 1x signal in my office and the location function on Google Maps does not work.

hmmm..no dice...bummer

Nate

So is that a no on the force to 1x question? I remember there was a rom that let you do this on the 6700. I wonder if it will help my signal at work since I have no EV bars. My battery drains all day at work hustling for a EV signal. If I tilt my head to the left and hold my foot in the air, I can get a half ah bar.