+ Reply to Thread

Any good working email clients?

Npop is not so good. Flexmail is junk and gives transport errors among others. The oem outlook isnt so hot either.

Anyone using anything that works fast and has no bugs?

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    I ues the OEM outlook. It works fine for me no bugs.

Maybe if you were more specific in your needs we could suggest sw to fill it.

I'm connected to an Exchange server and I use Pocket Outlook as well. My only grip with Pocket Outlook is if I read a message and move it another folder, it doesn't show up as read on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan_VI View Post
    I'm connected to an Exchange server and I use Pocket Outlook as well. My only grip with Pocket Outlook is if I read a message and move it another folder, it doesn't show up as read on the server.
    You first have to be syncing those other folders on your handheld. By default Pocket Outlook only syncs the inbox. So if you move e-mail to another folder on the handheld, it won't move it on the server, unless you are actually syncing that other folder.

If you simply read something on your handheld, this isn't enough to cause a sync back to the server, therefor you need to either initiate a send/receive, or wait for the next email to be delivered, which in turn will then mark the email as read on the server.

The way I do email is I use the device to read the messages, and then I sort them when I return to my computer. This way I can keep track with what I have read, without syncing a bunch of sub-folders. I do sync about 6 sub folders with the most important information in them, but for the 100's of other folders I have, I don't sync them all.

If you want to add folders to be synced, inside the Mail app, click Menu then Tools, then Manage Folders, check the folders you want to sync...

cmj

nPOPuk is an improved version

The original nPOP has been expanded by a group interested in a small, fast email client. This version is called nPOPuk found here...

nPOP Support

I haven't used a Pocket PC phone yet, but use nPOPuk on a PPC and PC every day. If anyone tries it, and has suggestions for further improvements, there is a Contact Us page at the website.

It seems activesync (AKA activevirus) running in memory was causing all my email issues. Flexmail seems to be working fine now. No more connection/transport errors.