+ Reply to Thread

TCPMP/FLASH and VTAP

I used to be able to view you tube and other videos in IE with the tcpmp/flash combo; when i would click on a video link it would provide the propmts "play" or "save" and i would select play and it would open and play fine in tcpmp.
    NOW, i installed VTAP and when in i click on a link in IE it opens up VTAP and the link doesnt play.

Long story short, how do i select what is my default media player in IE
    Treo 650 -> Samsung i730 -> Samsung i760 -> Samsung Omnia i910
    Hillsdale College- educating for liberty w/o any fed. funding.

im not to sure but i dont think vtap works that way. ive never heard of and used vtap with ie. i just open vtap and type the video i want to see

Vtap is its own application that has a video search engine built into it. TCPMP is the only player that allows you to grab links from within IE. I'd stick to TCPMP personally as programs like Vtap have terrible compression. The video and audio quality in that program are a total nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by RGSEKULA View Post
    I used to be able to view you tube and other videos in IE with the tcpmp/flash combo; when i would click on a video link it would provide the propmts "play" or "save" and i would select play and it would open and play fine in tcpmp.
    NOW, i installed VTAP and when in i click on a link in IE it opens up VTAP and the link doesnt play.

Long story short, how do i select what is my default media player in IE

Hello RGSEKULA , I work for Veveo Inc. who provide the vTap service. Could you tell me what you have installed for the tcpmp/flash combo? I have installed both vTap, and the tcpmpFlashBundle, and do not see this problem. I will look into it if you could tell me what you have installed?

Quote Originally Posted by vaxick View Post
    Vtap is its own application that has a video search engine built into it. TCPMP is the only player that allows you to grab links from within IE. I'd stick to TCPMP personally as programs like Vtap have terrible compression. The video and audio quality in that program are a total nightmare.
    Hello vaxick, I work for Veveo Inc. who provide the vTap service. I am sorry you are disappointed with the quality of the video you are seeing through vTap. We are working on improving this, and will have an udpate shortly. I will let you know when this is available. I will be interested to see if you believe the performance is better. -- Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by aalvino View Post
    Hello RGSEKULA , I work for Veveo Inc. who provide the vTap service. Could you tell me what you have installed for the tcpmp/flash combo? I have installed both vTap, and the tcpmpFlashBundle, and do not see this problem. I will look into it if you could tell me what you have installed?
    i have "tcpmp.pocketpc.0.72RC1.cab" and "FlashVideoBundle.CAB". it was working until i installed VTAP. Vtap worked too, tho. But when I would try to open a video link in IE instead of opening it into TCPMP it opens VTAP, and nothing loads. I uninstalled VTAP and now i can watch youtube again thru IE via TCPMP. I like VTAP but would rather be able to click on links in IE. Or is there some option where I can specify which application is opened when I on vid links.
    Thanks for your help.
    Treo 650 -> Samsung i730 -> Samsung i760 -> Samsung Omnia i910
    Hillsdale College- educating for liberty w/o any fed. funding.